Smart TV and connecting to usb on xbmc
Well i turned off upnp and now i only have samba enabled ... guess what? No servers were found on tv ...
This sux.

Libraries sux man ... + i dont have everything in libraries ... ill try to install frodo back. The only reason
I went with kodi is transmission to download torrents ...
(2015-05-17, 09:45)HEki Wrote: Well i turned off upnp and now i only have samba enabled ... guess what? No servers were found on tv ...
This sux.

Libraries sux man ... + i dont have everything in libraries ... ill try to install frodo back. The only reason
I went with kodi is transmission to download torrents ...
That proves to me that your TV (only) accepts shares from UPnP. There are no "extra" sorts of shares on Kodi version 'Frodo' that are not in Kodi version 'Helix'. I explained how you can add anything to the Library.

If you succeeded to let your TV accept Kodi Frodo's shares with respect to the USB hard disk again, would you let us know in this forum/topic please?
I will let you know for sure. I dont see why this worked on Frodo than? I dont remember Frodo had UPnP option at all ... This is a wild guess since it has been over a month now ... But i dont recall having that option. I have an extra sd card and i will install frodo there. I'll do it over the weekend. Will let you know as soon as i get the results.

Regards,
HEki

p.s. frodo build is still available right?
UPnP has been around for at least 6 years, long before Frodo.

You don't need to scan anything into the library to access it via UPnP. Just make sure that it shows up under Videos -> Files on Kodi, and UPnP sharing is enabled, and you should be able to access it via UPnP.
Ok,

i will look into that, but as i write this, i dont remember seeing "Files on Kodi" option anywhere ... How do i make sure that "Files on Kodi" gets shown? What do i have to do? Do i disable samba
and enable only UPnP?

Thank you for your reply!!
As long as UPnP library sharing is enabled, then there will be a files node option. It cannot be turned off.
Well i dont know what is different in my setup, but it is not working. The "video" directory is empty ... i turned on every possible option and the "kodi files" directory doesnt show up. Thank you guys for your time!
No wait, i do see files and my usb harddrive (MyBook). The problem is when i select it, i get an error "connection refused by server" or "cant connect to server" ...
(2015-05-23, 12:45)HEki Wrote: No wait, i do see files and my usb harddrive (MyBook). The problem is when i select it, i get an error "connection refused by server" or "cant connect to server" ...

1. I take it that said error message is displayed on your TV and not on the display connected to the Pi/Kodi?

2. I don't know about the others here but, as far as I'm concerned, at this point in the discussion we all need to know for sure exactly what protocol is used to share the files between TV and Pi. For instance: if he error you mention is generated by the SSH protocol then I would advise to delete the file known_hosts on both machines. See for instance this Kodi forum topic by me.

3. If I were you I'd read the TV manual to determine said protocol because the Pi uses more than one sharing protocol to be compatible to as many machines as possible.

4. If the error is from the UPnP protocol then I'd use the context menu on the Pi (press "C" on the keyboard) to examine all sharing settings and options on the folder/drive that you want to share. Somewhere there's somthing wrong w/ permission settings. Or there's an error in the Pi's implementation of UPnP which I don't think is the case because you've managed to successfully share before.

Does sharing of other material on the Pi work? We need to know for sure it's not a hardware related problem (like the Pi being under powered, a problem I've had). Does your hard drive have it's own power source (i.e. adapter)? Or does it get it's power from USB? In that last case one needs a very good USB hub which takes its power from an external adapter. One should not connect USB hard disks, that get their power from USB, directly to the Pi.

Good luck Smile
P.S. There seems to be some sort of error in OSMC for the Pi concerning permissions on Samba shared devices. That might just return an error about refused connections by the Pi. See this topic on the OSMC forum. One has to update to RC3 for this error to be fixed.
Thanks man!!

As far as it goes with a sharing protocol of my tv ... it is the same as it was before with "frodo". Nothing has changed exept for version of xbmc.
My external hd has its own power.

Ill try the update option.

Cheers!
(2015-05-23, 18:58)HEki Wrote: Thanks man!!

As far as it goes with a sharing protocol of my tv ... it is the same as it was before with "frodo". Nothing has changed exept for version of xbmc.
My external hd has its own power.

Ill try the update option.

Cheers!
What do you mean by "the same as Frodo"? When you say "the same as before" we still don't know what's the matter because we don't know what protocol Kodi and your TV use to share the files on the xternal hard disk. Frodo was a Kodi version and like I said: Kodi has a collection of protocols on per default. So what sharing protocol did work for you previously? Nobody in the whole wide world can know but you. No matter how much knowledge somebody has about Kodi, the Pi and networking, YOU are the only one who can help yourself with this. I.e.: try your very, very, best to determine what protocol your TV uses. You can update all you want: it will never get your share back. Never.

It may help if you tell us what your TV brand and type is. Maybe somebody can find the manual on-line and determine what protocol it uses. For you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart TV and connecting to usb on xbmc1