Filmstrip mode / Annoying black dotted lines
Hi all,

I have black dotted lines on the top of all the pictures in Kodi. I believe it's called filmstrip or something. It is very annoying and I can't find anywhere to turn it off, and if I remember correctly, it isn't just isolated to the Titan skin.

Please help me to turn it off!!!

I've attached a link to a picture of the "issue" - Black dots Picture link

Thank you,

Crawfells
I believe you need to reset your texture cache in Kodi. It's a common problem. Just google for it, shouldn't be very hard to find.
I've completely uninstalled and re-installed everything because I figured that would be more complete than just the texture cache, and now again I have the black dots again showing up on my posters. Surely it can't be corruption, but a setting? I just refreshed everything and that worked beautifully until I changed the views a few times, then everything was again showing the black dots across all the posters. Sometimes several lines, sometimes only one.
Do you see the same behavior in other skins too?
Yes, it's in all skins that I apply
I remember some time ago a user had the same issue and it had something to do with his nas. Are your images stored local or on a nas? I can tell for sure it's not a setting in the skin, it seems like corrupted images to me...
I'd look in my thumbnail cache and see if the images in there are corrupted. IF so, delete them all and the texture db.

Also, just a clueless guess, maybe change your vertical blank sync setting in settings/system/video output to always?
Everything is stored locally, and none of the images have any problems when I open them outside Kodi. It's only when they're being displayed in Kodi. The lines don't seem to be linked to specific pictures, just sometimes more lines will appear and no matter what picture is visible they will be present. Then sometimes they disappear again and come back again at some point.
Well, I think you'll have better luck asking this question on one of the main Kodi threads as this isn't skin related.
My best guess is that this has something to do with video card drivers and/or config
Ok, thanks. I'll try that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Filmstrip mode / Annoying black dotted lines0