Find videos by TVDB or IMDB numbers
Sometimes a show isn't recognized and the problem often lies in the naming. It could be beneficial to be able to enter the TVDB number for the show, this way it would be directed to the actual show. The same could be done for the movies using the IMDB number of a movie.

With the number there would be zero chance of Kodi picking the wrong show or movie.

Thanks
You can use nfo with a link to the tvdb or imdb id. Or just rename the show according to tvdb or imdb.
Most metadata scrapers are supporting URL nfo's (text files with just a imdb/tmdb/tvdb/etc link). See sub-pages linked from http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files for more information.

EDIT: kyungrak was faster Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-05-04, 18:48)kyungrak Wrote: You can use nfo with a link to the tvdb or imdb id. Or just rename the show according to tvdb or imdb.

(2015-05-04, 18:51)mkortstiege Wrote: Most metadata scrapers are supporting URL nfo's (text files with just a imdb/tmdb/tvdb/etc link). See sub-pages linked from http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files for more information.

EDIT: kyungrak was faster Wink

Yeah I know one can use a nfo but I think it would be simpler to use this number. It could be done from the show/movie information menu. Instead of pressing the refresh there could be an entry asking for the TVDB or IMDB number. I guess this could also be a simple way of creating a nfo file.

I might be totally wrong on this, I am not a coder and know nothing of coding.
IMO that's not really user-friendly. I prefer "hiding" it in .nfo files and save a button/dialog.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I'll take your word for it. After you are the one who knows best.

Thanks for your replies.
Unfortunately it's a lot more complicated than the actual idea sounds. Since there's no real default unique ID that all kind of metadata providers know about, you would need to input the ID and choose from a list of providers. Relying on just one is possible but won't work for a lot of (foreign) sources.
This is something that's tricky to design well for a remote control UI. It could probably be done in a nice way through one of our tablet/phone apps as long as we expose the necessary apis.
The janitor, cleaner of cruft, defender of style. Also known as the unfunny guy that doesn't understand signatures.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Find videos by TVDB or IMDB numbers0