looking for a device with separate audio and video outs
I would like to find a device to use in a secondary system that is primarily for high quality 2 channel audio.
However it would be nice to have the option of hdmi video to watch music videos.
Are there any "chromebox "like systems out there that I can connect audio directly to my integrated stereo amplifier and also run video to a monitor ?.
My amplifier only has rca type inputs, no optical, usb or hdmi inputs.

Thanks for all the help.
Win7/64/ML03/i3_2120/ASRock H77_Pro4-m/120GB OCZ SSD/8GB_Ram/2TB_WDGreen/Lite-On BD/Iogear GKM571 keypad/Inteset CIR Remote/Marantz AVR/Panasonic Plasma
The Chromebox has 3.5mm analogue stereo audio outputs which can be converted to RCA Phonos using a straightforward 3.5mm to 2xRCA Phono cable. No idea what the DAC quality and audio output stages are like the Chromebox.

You can switch between HDMI, Displayport and Analogue audio output, independently of using HDMI or Displayport for video.
So ,If the chromebox's audio out is not that great I guess I could go with an external dac via the usb out on the chromebox but would I then have any issues using openelec as far as drivers go ?
Or am I better off to be thinking about a laptop using windows with hdmi out to a larger monitor and usb out to an external dac ?
I was kind of hoping for a one box solution...
Win7/64/ML03/i3_2120/ASRock H77_Pro4-m/120GB OCZ SSD/8GB_Ram/2TB_WDGreen/Lite-On BD/Iogear GKM571 keypad/Inteset CIR Remote/Marantz AVR/Panasonic Plasma
(2015-05-04, 20:04)rtate Wrote: So ,If the chromebox's audio out is not that great I guess I could go with an external dac via the usb out on the chromebox but would I then have any issues using openelec as far as drivers go ?
Or am I better off to be thinking about a laptop using windows with hdmi out to a larger monitor and usb out to an external dac ?
I was kind of hoping for a one box solution...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the Chromebox analogue output is not good, just that I can't say one way or the other. I'm sure you can find a well supported USB DAC for OpenElec if you need one. IME Laptops are not great solutions for Kodi feeding an HDMI TV. They get a bit annoying quickly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
looking for a device with separate audio and video outs0