Win Weird colors - banding?
Hi all,

I am having a slight problem with the quality of video playback. When watching movies using my Intel Nuc with HD4400 graphics I have noticed a slight problem with certain scenes where colors appear washed out with noticeable banding. In the attached screenshot it is clearly noticeable on the pillar to the right. Any thoughts on this?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! I would also like to add that I am quite new to Kodi so I apologise in advance if I have not provided enough information.

Best regards

Björn

Quote:attached screenshot it is clearly noticeable on the pillar to the right. Any thoughts on this?
Nope looks good here on my browser and you didn't supply an original link. My thoughts are your source panel might be adversely enhancing. Turn off all effects including resolution enhancements, edge detect, and skin colour extras and turn off your hardware acceleration, then investigate the various types of dithering in the OSD.
Also make sure in the Intel Graphics Control Panel all the Media settings are set to Application, also try with "Adaptive Contrast Enhancement" turned off.
Hi,

thanks! I will give those a go later tonight! Will post back with findings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird colors - banding?0