v15 GUI sounds
So now in the settings for appearance GUI sounds, there is an option shown as "skin default". But at least for Confluence, selecting that results in no sound. Is there supposed to be some way for the skin to designate the "skin default"?

scott s.
There's some discussion on that subject here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224820

Seems if the skin has no "sounds" folder, no GUI sounds will be heard if "skin default" setting is selected. Confluence for Isengard has no sounds folder.
Put a ticket #15965 on it as I think the "skin default" option is confusing.

scott s.
Agreed, if they're not present in the skin then the option should at least be disabled. IMO we should just drop them from the skin altogether.
(2015-05-05, 23:55)Hitcher Wrote: Agreed, if they're not present in the skin then the button should at least be disabled. IMO we should just drop them from the skin altogether.

I completely agree.

If all skins have a UI sounds add-on (and perhaps no sound folder within the skin), flexibility will be much improved for users.
I'm curious as to why Confluence doesn't have it's own sound addon as a dependency though?
(2015-05-06, 08:07)Hitcher Wrote: I'm curious as to why Confluence doesn't have it's own sound addon as a dependency though?

Guess because the Confluence sound package is already installed by default. The same as Confluence so there theoretically couldn't be a situation that you have Confluence but not have the sound add-ons
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
But, as said above, selecting 'Skin default' results in no sound. Shouldn't this default to the dependent sound addon?
I can confirm that skin default selection in list results in no gui sounds. Now I went looking at where the list is stored for this portion, to maybe remove the skin Default option which is no longer working or required apparently, and was none the wiser after 10 minutes of looking at various setting files and source.

Also adding the dependency to the skin for resource.uisounds.confluence makes no difference to this whatsoever.

its odd imo https://github.com/tamland/xbmc/commit/f...56840748fb

ON system/settings/settings.xml the SKINDEFAULT is replaced with resource.uisounds.confluence .... ok
But everywhere else on those changes SKINDEFAULT is referenced everywhere and I cant see the audio SKINDEFAULT portion being associated with resource.uisounds.confluence...

And still no clew where the list is stored for the selection.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GUI sounds0