Anyone own a Seagate 2 Bay 4TB NAS (STCT4000100)?
I probably will not get this lucky but I am having a problem that has expanded after exporting my library. Seagate tech support keeps throwing corruption at me and insists that I have to wipe and start over in order to troubleshoot. Even with a backup everyone here knows the kind of pain this will cause.

My setup includes the NAS and Fire TVs connected via NFS. Everything about my file structure is simple. Movies A for children friendly movies and Movies B for higher than PG-13. One folder per movie unless it is a DVD which I am moving away from. I can and have been transferring large files back and forth for 6 weeks using PCs and Macs. No problem.

The problem is large number of small files. From both the Macs and now the FTV are hitting what IMO is a bug that changes the permissions. The files are then owned by user 10001 and I can't copy, delete, or view them. The only way I can unlock them is with the native file browser which is so weak I have to do them one at a time.

So yesterday I wanted to start creating some custom sets on one then export and use them to replicate the results. I know I can do this with NFO files but the GUI seems to be a faster approach.

I exported last night and today I realized that one of my Die Hard movies was not ripped correctly so I was going to delete it and re-rip tonight. Apparently everything in the .actors folder is locked and in every movie I checked so far I do not have permission on any of them. So now there is an anchor in every movie folder until I get it resolved. In order to back-up I have to exclude jpeg files.

So back to the thread title... does anyone else own one of these and can you confirm that it works properly with Kodi and exporting? Seagate is not really interested in helping me unless I start over and that is too drastic of a measure to be Step 1. Or maybe one of you Linux gurus can explain what you think is happening so I can ask for support in the right way.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone own a Seagate 2 Bay 4TB NAS (STCT4000100)?0