OS X Zeroground build of Kodi Helix 14.2 fails
Hi All!

I've tried to clean build latest version of Kodi Helix 14.2 OSX.

How it's done:

- Followed the steps from "${KODI_HOME}/xbmc/docs/README.osx"

git -clone https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git Kodi.i386
git -clone https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git Kodi.x64

- switched both clones to branch Helix using GitHub for OSX

- Step 3.1 worked fine for both i386/x64 versions

Problems found:

- Step 4.a
the last step fails
Quote: /xcode_6_1_1/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C xbmc/screensavers/rsxs-0.9/xbmc
/xcode_6_1_1/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C ..
make[2]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
make[1]: *** [..] Error 2
the problematic target is screensavers, the reason is ${KODI_HOME}//xbmc/screensavers/rsxs-0.9/xbmc/Makefile refers to ../Makefile that does not exist (not configured, only Makefile.in and .am present)
i do not know currently how and what screensavers should be built so as a quick workaround i've just simply excluded screensavers from xcode_depends temporally, after that this step finished fine

- debug build does not relocate library search paths in the bundled app executable and libraries
by default App-OSX config set is not set for target Kodi.app (neither in Debug nor in Release mode), so the copyframeworks-osx.command tried to look for the pattern XBMC_DEPENDS=/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/macosx10.10_${CURRENT_ARCH}-target where CURRENT_ARCH this way was depending on the builder machine architecture not the selected build target architecture
adding App-OSX config set to target Kodi.app solved this issue

Cheers
Any patch for the change you did in xcode? Also the build works (we couldn't have built it else Wink ). But jenkins calls xcodebuild from cmdline for building the app.

Which osx and xcode version did you use?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
- Can I add the patch as pull request on the Helix branch?

- OSX 10.10.4 lates with XCode 6.2, XCode 6.3, XCode 6.3.1, XCode 6.4_Beta2 (same result)
Meanwhile I repeated the hole process on my workplace machine (OSX 10.10.4, XCode6.3.1) and the first issue has not occurred :-O
(I'll try to figure out what caused the screensaver not configured on my home machine later)

The second one still exists, building i386 target on an x86_64 machine will cause the problem mentioned.
Yep building the APP from xcode project is broken for some time now. We normally only build the normal Debug Version - the app is only built from cmdline on jenkins.

Pull Request against helix branch is useless because helix branch is EOL. I wouldn't mind a pull request for the xcode project change against master branch though Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
pull request sent
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7078
Thx - commented on the PR.
shame on me, i f@ckd up the revert, so created a new clean PullRequest instead, sorry /o\

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7085
nvm - revert was the wrong thing to do anyways - the interactive rebase would have beend the solution like i posted in the first PR Wink

Yeah there is a learning curve with PR but its not that hard once you did it right the first time hehe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zeroground build of Kodi Helix 14.2 fails0