Quick way to find duplicate movies
Is there a way to find duplicate movies in the library?

Either using
-addon
-smart playlist
-or something else

I need to clean up my library..
Using Kodi itself looking for duplicates you would think to be an easy task, but the duplicates sometimes hide in different sources, slightly different names and of course different artwork. I seemed to be always shifting my collection around and leaving copies of this or that in different sources instead of moving, and then I'm astonished to find multiples. This message concerns, physical duplicates, finding them and deleting them as verses library duplicate listings of the same video (a whole different matter usually involving multi listing of the same source). Then doing a system clean-up.

Considering this is a windows section, I'll be talking about a program specific to windows (thanks Hugh for this) . The program is called er CCeaner Free the program on first blush seems to be overly complicated for the task, but it works well. Once installed, go to the 'tools menu; you'll see the duplicate finder with a few options, choose same name, files above 256 megs, exact size if you're just looking for exact dups and the various drives you want the search to compare.. After running It gives a list of potential dups, at which point you can be selective. If you have some drives online, and some not you can run this over and over until you've cleaned up. I would note that it did find the same named movie, and same byte size....but over 20 years different, who would have thought!

I didn't see a specific duplicate finder in the supplemental windows tools wiki, but there may be one buried in there. Never thought this message would be so long..I guess I'm long winded to-day.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373
(2015-05-05, 16:26)PatK Wrote: Using Kodi itself looking for duplicates you would think to be an easy task, but the duplicates sometimes hide in different sources, slightly different names and of course different artwork. I seemed to be always shifting my collection around and leaving copies of this or that in different sources instead of moving, and then I'm astonished to find multiples. This message concerns, physical duplicates, finding them and deleting them as verses library duplicate listings of the same video (a whole different matter usually involving multi listing of the same source). Then doing a system clean-up.

Considering this is a windows section, I'll be talking about a program specific to windows (thanks Hugh for this) . The program is called er CCeaner Free the program on first blush seems to be overly complicated for the task, but it works well. Once installed, go to the 'tools menu; you'll see the duplicate finder with a few options, choose same name, files above 256 megs, exact size if you're just looking for exact dups and the various drives you want the search to compare.. After running It gives a list of potential dups, at which point you can be selective. If you have some drives online, and some not you can run this over and over until you've cleaned up. I would note that it did find the same named movie, and same byte size....but over 20 years different, who would have thought!

I didn't see a specific duplicate finder in the supplemental windows tools wiki, but there may be one buried in there. Never thought this message would be so long..I guess I'm long winded to-day.

I wished they made an addon that would list all duplicates.
Or a way to create a smart playlist to do this..

Then I can go to my physical disk and check them out to see which one to keep or delete / archive.
The issue is I might have 2 copies of the same movie but in different quality or same quality but from different sources and different file size.

If the only option is to use an external program, then I guess it is what it is...

Does this find same folder name but different file size?
I think I might have two source files of same movie but different filename and filesize.

e.g.
filenameA720p.mkv
filenameAB1080p.mkv
(2015-05-05, 16:33)braz Wrote: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373

I would love to try this..
But unfortunately the webserver has not worked for me for a long time now...
and this program/script needs it.
You could grab something like Tiny Media Manager*, scan all your sources in, and delete duplicates from that...and as a bonus you'll have a nice shiny media manager to boot...

*I am in no way affiliated with TinyMM, but it is the dogs dangly parts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quick way to find duplicate movies0