OS X What is the best file system to use (Formatting on Mac, using on Kodi R-Pi)
Hi. I'm looking to format my new external hard drive on my Mac, and I'm not sure what file system to use to make it readable on my Raspberry Pi version of Kodi when I get it set up.

I am planning to store Videos, Music and Pictures on it, as well as (possibly) Roms for emulators. I may be running Kodi as a menu option through Retro Pie to save SD card swapping if that makes a difference

Can anyone advise as as to the best option please. Thanks in advance for any advice
running OpenElec, my PI was able to read any file system I threw at it so far, be it FAT32, NTFS, EXTFAT, EXT4
I always format mine to use EXT4 and use them as the storage partition.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2015-05-05, 21:11)da-anda Wrote: running OpenElec, my PI was able to read any file system I threw at it so far, be it FAT32, NTFS, EXTFAT, EXT4

Thanks, think ExFat seems the best option (I only get a FAT 32, EXFAT and Mac OS choices)
EXT3/4. Be user to install OSXFUSE: http://osxfuse.github.io

It's pretty easy to install on a Mac and works really well for me.
please note that when you use ExtFat, that this HDD won't work on many consumer devices. At least neither my router or TV can read it, that's why I use NTFS now for my portable drive, but I'm on Windows anyways and only used ExtFAT because a friend of mine has a Mac and couldn't write on NTFS and was to lazy to install according drivers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is the best file system to use (Formatting on Mac, using on Kodi R-Pi)0