• 2(current)
Live TV - Time shift buffer indicator
+1 on the single bar, indeed there would else be to much clutter and many skins already use 2 colours for streams. It would be far easier for skinners to add this to their current skin. I really hate clutter and that's why over the past few years I try to mod current skins in the hope I ever get enough experience to do my own skin, so from a skinners point of view I'd say 1 bar.
I prefer the solution I posted with two progress bars because it is too much info for a single one.

Assume we a tv show starts at 12:00 and ends at 13:00. Current frame is 12:30.
We have a timeshift buffer which can hold 2 hours. Front is at 11:30 and end at 13:10. This shows a user that she/he can go to the previous program as well as to the next.

11:30:00 ------------------------------------------------ ........13:10:00
.......................................12:30:00
12:00:00 -------------------------......................................13:00:00

This shows me I can navigate back to the previous show:

11:30:00 ----................................................................13:10:00
.......................................11:45:00
11:00:00 -----------------------------------------------..........12:00:00
Also note that we don't even have a GUI control which can show this in a single bar. Either be happy with this or wait another 10 years for someone to provide such a control
I think that's all the answer required then, it's certainly better than nothing.
(2015-05-08, 12:19)Woppie Wrote: +1 !

MediaPortal does this, and together with small steps (introduced in the next kodi version) I really miss this.
I changed over to kodi on my main htpc as soon as I got tv working properly and it's acceptable now, but just.
My main problems lay with what the current backend support; there hasn't been much development on that part as once it's working sort of it's enough...
Never understood what took so long to get proper PVR support in kodi anyways, now it's here and such small requests as this really make the experience a whole lot better.
This is also useful for timeshifting in livestreams at some point such as iptv.

+1

(2015-05-28, 13:23)RockerC Wrote: Maybe show timeshift as two or more colors grades in only one progress-bar on the video OSD similar to how the caching indicator displays for online videos in Kodi/XBMC? Perhaps the skinning engine code for displaying the cache/buffer indication in Kodi's video OSD could even be extended to make both it and time-shift indication both consistent and skinnable?

^^^ THIS
+1
This is the only change we need: one bar, one regular color, a small indicator for current location and a gray color for the rest of the buffer.
Very simple, extremely helpful.
(2015-05-28, 14:31)FernetMenta Wrote: Also note that we don't even have a GUI control which can show this in a single bar. Either be happy with this or wait another 10 years for someone to provide such a control
I agree with the others, one bar looks nicer. But better two than nothing! So please create a pull request. Or can you provide a test build?
(2015-05-28, 15:23)omriamos Wrote: ^^^ THIS
+1
This is the only change we need: one bar, one regular color, a small indicator for current location and a gray color for the rest of the buffer.

And wrong too btw. Read what FernetMenta posted. From a technical POV what you suggested is not able to correctly show timeshift state when traversing the border of shows.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-05-28, 18:59)Memphiz Wrote:
+1

And wrong too btw. Read what FernetMenta posted. From a technical POV what you suggested is not able to correctly show timeshift state when traversing the border of shows.

MP is doing it just fine - If you are timeshifting to a different show, the entire bar will be replaced with the correct one for the current show..
(2015-05-28, 19:05)omriamos Wrote:
(2015-05-28, 18:59)Memphiz Wrote:
+1

MP is doing it just fine - If you are timeshifting to a different show, the entire bar will be replaced with the correct one for the current show..

You won't know in advance. It would show you green from the beginning but not how much you have buffered form the previous show. That could only be one sec.
(2015-05-28, 20:09)FernetMenta Wrote: You won't know in advance.

So what?
it is still way better than 2 separate progress bars.
(2015-05-28, 20:10)omriamos Wrote:

So what?

feel free to submit a solution with only a single bar. in the meantime I am going to enjoy my proposed solution which works with vnsi. Not sure what other backends already have implemented this API. Definitely not MP.
(2015-05-28, 20:18)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2015-05-28, 20:10)omriamos Wrote:

So what?

feel free to submit a solution with only a single bar. in the meantime I am going to enjoy my proposed solution which works with vnsi. Not sure what other backends already have implemented this API. Definitely not MP.

I'm happy for you, if you found a solution that you like than good for you.
I, however, believe that this:
http://www.linuxnov.com/wp-content/uploa...add-on.png
is BY FAR easier to understand (and better looking) than this:
http://i.imgur.com/d5rpr9J.jpg

But to each his own.

I'm not talking about technical possibilities, maybe it's not technically possible right now - I don't know.
I'm only talking about what I believe is the better ideal solution.
The difference between the 2 of us is that I understand the problem to 100% and can implement it. you can only post uneducated comments. I know this is a bit insulting but I have to say this. You can post your POV once and hope that some dev is interested. If you do that more than once you are just considered as pest.
wow, disgusting attitude.
You are welcome to consider me as a "pest" as much as you want, it will NOT stop me from saying my OPINION.
ASSHOLE.
congrats, you won a ban for 7 days for those words.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV - Time shift buffer indicator3