PVR Service greyed out, can't find livetv add-on?
(2015-05-07, 07:01)fritsch Wrote: Can you use a sane backend while you are at it? I suggest VDR + vnsi.

It's worked for years on previous versions like this so I don't see why not?
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
There is no stable version of tvheadend existing anymore. Ask the tvheadend developers ... if you can install the version that worked for years, if you want to stick with it - at least backend wise.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I had wondered what was going on, I'm currently reading up on your suggestion of VDR, I'm very keen to keep a Linux infrastructure. A few bells and whistles wouldn't go amiss too
VDR installation is very easy. If you are using our ppa, it's enough to do: sudo apt-get install vdr vdr-plugin-vnsiserver kodi-pvr-vdr-vnsi

stop tvheadend or disable it prior to starting vdr. The channel_scan is a one time "thing", you can use w_scan to accomplish that, while vdr is stopped
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks looks like it's back to the drawing board. I'm also considering Myth TV
just an FYI - I found myth TV harder than tvheadend to setup.
Of course I'm using a skywalker-1 which mythtv requires you to add to the kernel.

Incidentally, I'm using the current git of TVheadend without issues.

Git as of now or the one of 10 minutes ago? That makes a very big difference. When we still had it in openelec, we asked 10 different users, which revision (git hash) to ship - and took the comit with the maximum votes. As it regressed / improved per commit.
(2015-05-07, 16:40)freebs Wrote: just an FYI - I found myth TV harder than tvheadend to setup.
Of course I'm using a skywalker-1 which mythtv requires you to add to the kernel.

Incidentally, I'm using the current git of TVheadend without issues.

Struggling already! TVH was setup in 10 mins but this addon thing has made it a no-go for me, can't even launch the gui to set up myth so far!
Hi , I have an x96 box and the pvr service is greyed out , so i can't go through the process of beginning to enable pvr add ons as there is non available , any ideas would be most appreciated ?

Thanks

Andy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Service greyed out, can't find livetv add-on?0