Update to Helix 14.2
I am very new to Kodibuntu and successfully installed Kodi Helix 14.0, i am trying to update to Helix 14.2 using the following commands, sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade, it seems to go through some kind of installation but then when i restart i am still on Helix 14, can anyone give me an idiots guide on how to upgrade please bearin in mind i am completely new to Kodibuntu, thanks in advance.....
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get -f install

see also the wiki which fully describes this process.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-05-07, 07:57)fritsch Wrote: sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -f install

Thank you for your response, when in kodi to get to the command line I press ctrl/alt and F1 which brings up the command line is this the right way to access it? secondly do I input the first line let in run, then the second let it run and then the 3rd?
The order goes from top to bottom, one command after the other.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-05-07, 11:19)fritsch Wrote: The order goes from top to bottom, one command after the other.

Thanks again, sorry to sound really thick, so do I input the first command then press enter let it run, then the second command and so on or does each command get put under each other then let them run? sorry again for not understanding what probably is a simple instruction?
enter first command, press return button, wait until finished on screen
enter second command, press return button, say Y, wait until finished
enter third command, press return button, see on screen if you are asked a question.

-> www.openelec.tv this was especially made for you, no need to update with "cryptic" commands.
(2015-05-07, 11:26)fritsch Wrote: enter first command, press return button, wait until finished on screen
enter third command, press return button, see on screen if you are asked a question.

-> www.openelec.tv this was especially made for you, no need to update with "cryptic" commands.

Thank you again for your detailed replies, I really do appreciate it, thank you Smile
Wink 
(2015-05-07, 11:26)fritsch Wrote: enter first command, press return button, wait until finished on screen

Just to say a massive thank you your instructions worked a treat Smile much appreciated Smile
(2015-05-07, 07:57)fritsch Wrote: sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -f install

I followed these steps twice on a clean install (Helix 14) and it took me straight up to Isengard.
How do I make sure I upgrade to Helix 14.2? I prefer to install the stable version.

Some additional info:
I installed Kodibuntu from a live USb on a 32bit (Intel Atom) netbook.

Thanks!
The 32 bit version has the nightly repository installed. So if you do those commands it's normal that you will get the latest nightly.

From this point you have two choices...

1. Keep this installation as it should work fine in most cases and wait until Isengard is stable, channge the repo to the stable version and update again...

or

2. Change the repo now and update again...so you will get 14.2

Take a look here for how to change repositories:
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Linux

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update to Helix 14.20