Connect to a non-local NAS
Hi guys,
first of all, english is not my nativ language. So i hope i can explaine what i'm looking for and sry for the grammer Wink

I have installed KODI on my new Amazon Fire Stick because i heard i can connect my Fire Stick with a NAS. The problem is.... every tutorial i can find explains how i can connect the stick with a local NAS in my WiFi network. But that's not what i need Confused
My cousin has a NAS and we use it together. When i want to connect to his NAS i have to go in google chrome like "hisname.asuscomm.com:5000" and then login with my pw and so can watch our stuff on the nas. Just like with DS Video App on the iPad or Smartphone.

So my question is... can i connect my stick/KODI with this non-local NAS just like with google chrome and DS Video App? and if i can... how?
I hope someone can help me! Smile

Many greetings from Austria Smile
Should be be possible, it all depends on how you are accessing it, Kodi supports FTP, SMB, NFS, Webdav, HTTP, (File_sharing (wiki)). If any of those are available then kodi can connect to it. Its really up to how his NAS works and what he can configure. It sounds like you are using an app the is setup for this kind of thing that is provided by asus which brings up the next question, is it doing transcoding?? If it is you may not have enough bandwidth to stream the full quality video so keep that in mind.
Raspberry Pi Model B 2 1024MB @ 1.0Ghz w/OSMC
--Decommissioned-- Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB @ 1.0Ghz w/ 3TB USB Drive Running Open Media Vault

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Connect to a non-local NAS0