auto start kodi
Does anyone know how to autostart Kodi in Raspbian.

I just added the line

kodi

to my bashrc file, and it worked, but didn't pick up the autoexec.py script, which it does if I launch from the command line with

kodi

?

Thanks for any pointers..
Which user does bashrc run as?
Which user does your command line run as?
Could be a difference here and by what I have seen /home/pi/ is where the kodi stuff is located at...
Bo Berglund
Sweden
thanks for the reply. My only user is "pi" and "pi" is set to auto login, which works perfectly.
If, when logged in, I type "kodi" it runs, picks up the autoexec.py script fine and runs a slideshow... works perfectly.

If I just add the line "kodi" to the bashrc, kodi runs, but doesn't pick up the autoexec.py and start the slideshow... so I am wondering whether I'm not starting Kodi in the right way?
WAIT - fixed.... oh dear oh dear oh dear!!!!! My fileserver was not accessible for some reason.... disconnected and reconnect that and now it's working fine... slideshow wasn't displaying becuase it couldn't access the remote share... sorted.... for anyone else searching in the future, just addig "kodi" to your .bashrc file does seem to work!
(2015-05-08, 18:43)haverer2 Wrote: WAIT - fixed.... oh dear oh dear oh dear!!!!! My fileserver was not accessible for some reason.... disconnected and reconnect that and now it's working fine... slideshow wasn't displaying becuase it couldn't access the remote share... sorted.... for anyone else searching in the future, just addig "kodi" to your .bashrc file does seem to work!

That's good to know, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
auto start kodi0