8TB GPT HDD
Hello,

I have so far used several 3 or 4 TB HDDs that were NTFS formatted and appeared within a few seconds in Kodi on my RaspberryPi 2. My new 8TB drive does not appear. The difference seems that the older drives were MBR but the new is GPT. Is Kodi not able to handle GPT drives formatted with NTFS ? Of course I could change to MBR but then I would need to copy all files again so it would be nice to know if there is another solution.

I did not really find anything with the search function in this forum since GPT has only 3 letters and the search function needs 4 letters.

Thanks
This is an OS specific issue, and you haven't mentioned your OS - how is anyone supposed to help? Note that Kodi is not an OS, it's just an application running on an OS and it's the latter that interfaces with your drive.

As for searching, use Google site search.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Sorry, forgot to mention OpenElec.

Did not find something on GOOGLE so far.
Is this 8TB drive actually a single physical drive or two 4TB drives lashed together in a JBOD? As long as it's presented normally I don't see why an 8TB GPT partition shouldn't mount, but if there's some monkey business going on to make the JBOD appear as a normal single physical disk then that could potentially stuff things up.

What make/model is this 8TB disk? Does it require extra power - are you connecting it via a hub, or direct to the Pi (try boosting USB power by adding max_usb_current=1 to config.txt).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
It is a single drive from Seagate and connected exactly the same way as the working 4TB Seagate with a Seagate GoFlex USB Adapter. It is externally powered and connected directly to the USB port of the Raspberry.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
8TB GPT HDD0