Solved Kodi randomly missing all menus and text
Running open elec on cubox, I hope this thread fits here.

Long story short, I flipped over to my cubox this evening to watch some shows when my main menus had no dialog or text. I did see some of the TV and movie images on the home page, but I have no way to select any of it.

Essentially something broke as the system sat idle. I didnt use it for a few days prior to discovering the system in this state. I tried to reboot, but this made no difference. Logs seems to say I am missing some fonts, so I can only imagine it is related, but who knows.

http://pastebin.com/h0E703r4
Unfortunately not a Debug Log

But AFAICS you are using 'Amber' as the skin?! If yes, try to switch to confluence and take look if the issue comes up as well. Amber is a supported skin...maybe try to remove and reinstall it. If that doesn't fix the issue, report at skin related subforum.
Is there a way to do this in a config file since I do not have access to the menus to make this change? thanks
Read Debug Log and set up debugging via advancedsettings.xml, you can do that via SSH (wiki)

Its more likely a broken skin, try to rename the guisettings.xml from userdata (wiki) and restart kodi.
that worked. I deleted the guisettings.xml, rebboted, had confluence skin even though it said amber.

Amber skin actually had a update available, applied it and everything was once again restored to normal.

Any thoughts as to why this would randomly happen? Not a super huge deal now that I know there is a way to correct things without starting from scratch.

thanks
No idea, especially the part about you deleting guisettings.xml and claiming that it said amber still but you had confluence skin. You see, the guisettings.xml is recreated from scratch and with default settings inside. So clearly you dont something oddly. But hey, it worked right?

Please full edit main post and select solved in the drop down menu. Thx.

Enjoy.
(2015-05-11, 08:42)uNiversal Wrote: No idea, especially the part about you deleting guisettings.xml and claiming that it said amber still but you had confluence skin. You see, the guisettings.xml is recreated from scratch and with default settings inside. So clearly you dont something oddly. But hey, it worked right?

Please full edit main post and select solved in the drop down menu. Thx.

Enjoy.

the kodi gui/interface is where I saw confluence. I did not look at the actual file after it was re-created...
You said, you had confluence skin even thought it said amber... Where did it say amber?

Never mind, its solved, mark as solved and go enjoy Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi randomly missing all menus and text0