v14 Video playback freeze/buffering
Hello, all! I've searched these forums and the internet to no avail. Yes, I'm a noob to this site but I enjoy Kodi IMMENSELY and can't figure out how to fix this recent issue. Here goes...

I've been running Kodi Helix 14.2 for some time now and the older version XBMC for quite a while before that. I've not had any problems until yesterday. Suddenly any video I play stops for no reason. Occasionally the "buffering" pop up is displayed but not always. I've made NO changes to my setup.

I have all of my movies/TV shows stored on external HD's connected via USB to a HTPC which is hardwired into my wireless router. The HD I access most often is 1TB with 403GB free storage space. I am not streaming anything from the internet or across my network. It all comes from these 2 external HD's locally.

I'm running 64 bit Windows 8.1 Pro with AMD Phenom II X6 2.70GHz processor, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 645 video card (Driver v6.3.9600.16384). The HD where my program files are stored is 200GB with 152GB free space.

My HTPC is directly connected to my Pioneer HD Pass-Through receiver via HDMI. I'm using an M-Audio 2496 Audiophile sound card, which is most likely irrelevant due to the HDMI connection.

I've tried changing my advanced settings xml in several different ways per suggestions and tutorials I've found both from this site and others. Nothing seems to matter. I finally enabled debug logging since I'm at a loss as to how to proceed next.

I really enjoy using Kodi. I actually dumped VLC for the exact problem I'm now having with Kodi. I DO NOT want to switch again. I know it's got to be something simple that I'm not aware of. I defer to those with greater skills and knowledge than I. I look forward to reading your feedback and learning a thing or two!

Debug logfile http://xbmclogs.com/praxxg5hl

Thanks for any and all help!

Kat

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback freeze/buffering0