Bug Visualisation Control Sizing / Pos not matching values
Hi, I'm trying to set the visualisation control in viewtypes when music is playing but I can't get the size to match what I set.
videowindow control is fine (it sticks inside the values I set and respond like <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>)
visualisation is shifted from the top and seems bigger than the values.

Some screenshots :

Regards

EDIT : Using Kodi 15 Beta 1
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=180240
This seems to be a "Bug" which exists now for a long Time.

As soon you use a visualisation Window smaler than Fullsice (1920x180) it wont stretch! (it always try to show up in 4:3)

As there seems to be no solution by now, i did kinde of a "dirty" "workaround" by using 4:3 Dimentions for the visualisation Window, and do the "posx" position of it compared to screen resolution. to help positioning it for different screenresolutions (IG 16:9 / 16/10)

Code:
<visible>Player.HasAudio + !StringCompare(System.ScreenHeight,720) + !StringCompare(System.ScreenHeight,1080)</visible>
Code:
<visible>Player.HasAudio + StringCompare(System.ScreenHeight,720) | StringCompare(System.ScreenHeight,1080)</visible>
(2015-05-11, 15:58)Hitcher Wrote: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=180240

Ok then, sorry missed this one.

Maybe should be a good thing to update / complete the wiki ?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Visualisation_Control

(2015-05-11, 16:12)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: This seems to be a "Bug" which exists now for a long Time.

As soon you use a visualisation Window smaler than Fullsice (1920x180) it wont stretch! (it always try to show up in 4:3)

As there seems to be no solution by now, i did kinde of a "dirty" "workaround" by using 4:3 Dimentions for the visualisation Window, and do the "posx" position of it compared to screen resolution. to help positioning it for different screenresolutions (IG 16:9 / 16/10)

Code:
<visible>Player.HasAudio + !StringCompare(System.ScreenHeight,720) + !StringCompare(System.ScreenHeight,1080)</visible>
Code:
<visible>Player.HasAudio + StringCompare(System.ScreenHeight,720) | StringCompare(System.ScreenHeight,1080)</visible>

Thanks Rantanplan, will give it a try this evening. But I think I will let this down for now.
Indeed, should be good that the position could be respected and aspectratio kept enclosed in the dimensions values (<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio> as for videowindow). It is actually rendered outside the <width> and <height>, or at least one of them.

I also think it depends on the visualisation used.
(2015-05-11, 17:53)Hitcher Wrote: I also think it depends on the visualisation used.

did test mainly "Milkdrop"

"Vortex" seems to bee much the worse. (It wont play in a Window no mather where (MyPVRCannels.xml / Home.xml / wherever...)
I think your best bet might be to put it on the bottom most background layer and leave the space where it needs to go empty so that it shows through - not ideal, but probably the only real solution.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2015-05-12, 08:10)jurialmunkey Wrote: I think your best bet might be to put it on the bottom most background layer and leave the space where it needs to go empty so that it shows through - not ideal, but probably the only real solution.

Yes, thought about this but some color sets are semi transparent and this bloc is set in a certain order in the designer. Thanks anyway

I gave it some try with zoom animations, to keep the initial size but no luck.

Managed finally to get something working relative to a sized "group" :

Code:
<control type="visualisation">
    <left>17%</left>
    <top>0%</top>
    <width>50%</width>
    <height>99%</height>
    <align>center</align>
    <visible>Skin.String(VDO.View1.B4Show,VISIBLE)  + Container.ViewMode(50)</visible>
</control>

... So it has an <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio> and can play with the X position but another problem is that window is persistent. Switching View keep the previous config even with visibility condition false.
I give up ... Confused

What is shown in the background ? Fanart or background image or something else? Could have various diffuse images that create a transparent space in the background image/fanart to let it peek through? (very much less than ideal but best solution I can think of...)
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2015-05-12, 12:48)jurialmunkey Wrote: What is shown in the background ? Fanart or background image or something else? Could have various diffuse images that create a transparent space in the background image/fanart to let it peek through? (very much less than ideal but best solution I can think of...)

Actually, it depends what you choose in the Designer. You can set a wallpaper, the video / visualisation, fanart, etc.
I can eventually add an additional fully transparent layer to diffuse on wallpaper or fanart but it will show only a part of it and I have to handle the dynamic positioning of the diffuse layer. Not sure it is possible since it's only a part of an image control. Otherwise, I will have to build a transparent diffuse layer for each specific cases given by the designer.
Indeed sounds technically correct and is the solution to deal with the persistent control visibility but hard to use in my case.

About different "acting" compared to the choosen visualizer: (which Hitcher mentioned)

Both Screenschots are thaken from myPVRChannels.xml, both time same Settings!
One plays in the given Window (as long its dimensions are 4:3!!) the other totaly ignores the given Window, and play Fullscreen.

Milkdrop:

Vortex:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Visualisation Control Sizing / Pos not matching values0