Kodi won't minimize
Hello!
I've got a Raspberry Pi 2 running Kodi and I'm currently in the process of making it Launch an emulator.
I get it to launch the emulator and load the ROM file correctly, but Kodi does not minimize or allow focus to be shifted to the emulator, so all i hear is the sound of the emulator running in the background.
I can't do anything to shift the focus either, Alt+Tabbing does nothing, and I can't even switch tty with Ctrl+Alt+(F1-F6).
Anyone that's had similar problems and managed to solve it?

Same result using both Advance Launcher and Rom Collection Browser.
Not supported. I'd suggest you exit kodi when launching emulator and relaunch kodi when exiting emulator.
Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but did you check out Recalbox OS?
Not supported?
Then why does addons such as Rom Collection Browser or Advanced Launcher even exist?

I think you might be misunderstanding me or something because I have seen countless videos of people launching and playing emulators through Kodi/XBMC, and I have even done it myself in the past on my old Raspberry Pi Model B.

Thanks da-anda, I'm aware of Recalbox and similar projects, but I use my raspberry for a lot of other things as well so I more or less need to run Arch Arm on it. Smile
Are you wanting to launch an emulator that renders through kodi (e.g. using retroplayer)?
If so that is possible.

If you want to launch an external application that renders through X or the linux framebuffer, then the answer is no. You will have to close Kodi.
Kodi on Pi is designed to be the only application running. It doesn't support window managers or minimising, and so it can't run "in the background".
Alright, so thats specific for the Raspberry Pi version of Kodi?
Then i guess that is was on some other machine that I used to launch emulators through XBMC!
Guess I'm off to fork RetroPLayer then! Tongue
Thanks for the help mate!
I've seen a few reports of openelec/retroplayer working on the Pi. E.g. http://misapuntesde.com/post.php?id=502
I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi won't minimize0