Help needed with organizing my NAS server.
Hopefully I am in the right thread. I'm new at Kodi. I've just installed it on my Minix X8 to view my movies, TV Series, docos etc stored on my NAS server. I organize my NAS server from my Windows PC.

There are thousands of files on the NAS server and TV Shows are stored as "S01E01 TV Show Name.mkv" and movies are stored as "All the Presidents Men.mkv" etc. What I want to do is extract info from IMDB etc such as description of the show, cast, run time, rating and maybe a poster and/or photos.

I'm not sure what I need but looking around the forum I think I need a Media Manager and a Rename/Sort program. If so what are user friendly programs that will do the basics and have a good manual or help file and don't require me to be a whiz programmer.

Also the programs need to be able to easily update the data base with new movies or TV shows as I am continually updating. I don't need the programs to download and add tv episode etc as I do that and I add/modify .sub files where needed.

I also need to be able to add other folders to the data base such as Gardening, Trading, Health etc which contain videos which need no info from the internet but will need me to supply a description etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Check out emby server and the emby for kodi addon
Thanks Vidman, I'll check it out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help needed with organizing my NAS server.0