Kodi 14.2 crashes on exit
Hi

Just recently my Kodi install crashes and goes into not responding every time I exit. I have tried installing version 15 beta to no avail and also un-installing then re-installing while copying over my old appdata, again to no avail. If I do a clean install and do not copy over my old profile data then it exits fine so it must be something I have installed.

Can someone help me determine what is causing my install to crash please? I want to try avoid setting up my Kodi install from scratch.

Here are the debug logs: http://pastebin.com/87tFiXCb
First remove all addons and repositories which are on that list:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

After that see, if the issue still persists. If yes, provide a new Debug Log. If the issue is solved, don't install any of them again, as they aren't supported in here.

Greetings
I've removed all the addons and repositories on that list but still having the same issue.

Please see the following log: http://pastebin.com/kzbAcii1
You didn't removed them all... There is still superrepo, xbmcadult and others installed

And...
Quote:16:46:22 T:1800 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.

this isn't a Debug Log (<- click here for more informations). You have to enable debug logging in system settins.

For a fast test, you could rename the 'Kodi' folder under %appdata% (enter %appdata% in windows explorer) to 'kodi-old' and restart kodi to see if this works. This is like a factory reset and all settings and addons are gone. But don't be scared...they're not gone forever. They are still existent in the 'kodi-old' folder. So for getting them back, you have to delete the 'kodi' folder (it's created at the new start of kodi) and rename 'kodi-old' to 'Kodi' and restart again. Then everything is like it was never touched. Probably even with the issue Wink
I'll go through again and delete any that I've missed (thought I'd got them all).

I enabled debugging within the options and then copied and pasted the contents from the kodi.log file into pastebin. Am I doing something wrong?

It works fine from a fresh install of Kodi - just don't want to start fresh.
In unofficial and banned add-ons, you run the risk that Kodi code will be damaged, libraries malformed and the operation of Kodi will be suspect. Some of these installers want to plant malware, advertisements, key loggers, and worse. You may get lucky with a fix following David1977 instructions, but the better alternative is a fresh build and be careful what could harm your set-up.
Hello
Complete noob here,so please be gentle!
Last Monday i downloaded Kodi 14.2 Helix and installed on my Windows 8.1 laptop,but noticed straight away that the program would not respond on "Exit"option when shutting down,even with only a few addons implemented,but found that shutting down via the 2nd option in the list-choosing "0" minutes and done,then Kodi would close down after approx. 10 seconds,so used this option all week.Have spent many hours this week playing around with Kodi,installing various addons and creating a favourites list and must thank all the developers for a really nice application.However since Friday afternoon Kodi has hung on every shutdown attempt and i can only shutdown using task manager, so i thought maybe my laptop is causing this problem,so have done a clean install of windows 8.1 from the windows ISO,installed Kodi again and without installing anything to Kodi i clicked on the "exit" button and Kodi is still "not responding" and i can only shut down via task manager again,am i doing something wrong?
Here is is my log file from pastebin: http://pastebin.com/g4D3G5k2
Kind regards
@hades

Try not to high-jack someone else thread, it not only turns the dissuasion, off point for the original poster, and really limits those that could help you in your own post.

Your issue is pretty common, it only take ONE add-on to hold up the works (and you did say you had a few). I does take a bit of time to shut down all the Kodi processes especially if you have streams working and a server that is stuck; which will give you the issue you experience. Another tip is that when trying to start all over again fresh, most users do no delete their user folder and add-on configurations in the 'roaming directory'. Disable those add-ons and try again. Failing that, a re-install from scratch (manually delete both the C: and roaming folders)
I managed to find out which add on was causing the issue. It was Pseudo Live. Removed this and all working again.
Funny cause PTVL isn't a banned add-on...
(2015-05-26, 05:31)RamboUnchained Wrote: Funny cause PTVL isn't a banned add-on...

I didn't think it was either. It might just have been the version or configuration causing the issue. Not tried to re-install the add on yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 14.2 crashes on exit0