UPnP library share issue
So I can delete upnpserver.xml and that will reset UPnP?
(2015-05-31, 01:08)scrag Wrote: So I can delete upnpserver.xml and that will reset UPnP?

No there's no way to "reset" UPnP because there is no UPnP state. When you access another Kodi instance using UPnP it will read the information directly from the database and simply present it in the way that UPnP expects. So you will see whatever data is stored in the database.

From those logs I can't really see much because I'd need the verbose debug logs from the server as well (which is where the problem most likely is).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-05-31, 09:47)Montellese Wrote: No there's no way to "reset" UPnP because there is no UPnP state. When you access another Kodi instance using UPnP it will read the information directly from the database and simply present it in the way that UPnP expects. So you will see whatever data is stored in the database.

From those logs I can't really see much because I'd need the verbose debug logs from the server as well (which is where the problem most likely is).

Sorry @Montellese. Forgot all about the server.

I've just ruled out that a fresh install would/will fix the issue. It does not! Issue persists.

Here is the Pi2 server log. Should include attempt from PiB to connect to Pi2 for library share via "Title":

http://xbmclogs.com/pdeupsjxo
Please try to turn of searching for external subtitles in the UPnP settings of your Pi2. It is causing a lot of delay for every single movie that is being returned. Therefore the client gives up at some point because the request timed out.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-05-31, 10:56)Montellese Wrote: Please try to turn of searching for external subtitles in the UPnP settings of your Pi2
Is that in UPnP setting?

Ok, I will try this later - family watching things now.

It must be something like that as I just tried OpenElec on the PiB and that didn't work either.

I've also just discovered that If I now run the PiB as the server and Pi2 as the client it works fine.....previously I think this did not work. Nonetheless, I need the Pi2 to be the client.
I can't find the setting "search for external subtitles" anywhere in Kodi 14.2 settings.
It doesn't exist in Kodi 14.2 but only in Isengard nightly builds. Are you running a custom Kodi build which might contain additional patches?
(2015-05-31, 12:50)Montellese Wrote: It doesn't exist in Kodi 14.2 but only in Isengard nightly builds. Are you running a custom Kodi build which might contain additional patches?

No, running stock standard OSMC RC3. Not sure what patches if any they ship with.

(2015-05-31, 10:56)Montellese Wrote: Please try to turn of searching for external subtitles in the UPnP settings of your Pi2.

So, where do I turn this off then @Montellese?

Could a weak WiFi signal have anything to do with the issues I am experiencing?

EDIT: not a WiFi strength issue. Connecting to Pi2 with NPlayer on the iPad via UPnP doesn't work via "Title" either. Rules that out!
Any further ideas or should I wait for Isengard? Somehow I think that's not going to fix my issue....
Since I have no clue what patches OSMC has applied to their version of Kodi it's hard to go any further. It looks like they applied some patches from nightly builds but didn't do it properly.
(2015-06-04, 07:33)Montellese Wrote: Since I have no clue what patches OSMC has applied to their version of Kodi it's hard to go any further. It looks like they applied some patches from nightly builds but didn't do it properly.
Sorry but that doesn't make any sense. You have no clue what patches are applied in OSMC yet you say it looks like some nightly patches are applied and not done properly, so which is it ?

Here are all the patches that are applied on top of a plain Helix14.2 tar, as of the most recent release version of Kodi provided in OSMC (master is currently being prepped for Isengard so does not reflect what users have)

https://github.com/samnazarko/osmc/tree/...mc/patches

Only patches starting with all, rbp, rbp1, rbp2, arm and ending in .patch are applied to a rbp1/rbp2 build. For reference here is the build script that would have built that version of Kodi:

https://github.com/samnazarko/osmc/blob/...c/build.sh

If you see any patches in particular that might be related to any UPnP issue then we'd be happy to know what it might be. Unless it's an issue in popcornmix's helix backports branch then I'm not aware of any patches relating to UPnP so would have to assume the problem exists in vanilla Helix 14.2. (I could have missed something though as it's not me that maintains the patches)
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
Quote:Sorry but that doesn't make any sense. You have no clue what patches are applied in OSMC yet you say it looks like some nightly patches are applied and not done properly, so which is it ?

I'm not a dev, but I would assume that Montellese sees things in the log that are only possible with the external sub UPnP support. That only exists in v15 builds and not in any vanilla v14.x builds. There were multiple times when external sub UPnP support was changed, so it seems like only part of the feature was merged, and is missing some of the later work which might correct OP's issue. Which exact parts is anyone's guess, but at this point it's not a Kodi issue. Anyone who wants to patch in features early like that needs to be willing to track changes to those features, such as bug fixes which are already in master.

Quote:If you see any patches in particular that might be related to any UPnP issue then we'd be happy to know what it might be. Unless it's an issue in popcornmix's helix backports branch then I'm not aware of any patches relating to UPnP so would have to assume the problem exists in vanilla Helix 14.2. (I could have missed something though as it's not me that maintains the patches)

This one? https://github.com/samnazarko/osmc/blob/...upnp.patch
(2015-06-04, 11:28)Ned Scott Wrote: This one? https://github.com/samnazarko/osmc/blob/...upnp.patch
Thanks, I must have missed that one. Big Grin

I've pinged Sam about this, but from what you describe the problem will be resolved when Isengard is released because that patch will no longer be applicable. In fact I notice that Sam has already removed it during the prep work for building Isengard:

https://github.com/samnazarko/osmc/tree/...mc/patches

We should be ready to get an Isengard build out very quickly after the official release.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
Thanks folks - really appreciate the support.

@ned Scott
@DBMandrake
@Montellese

Also, as previously mentioned, this seems to be affecting the Pi2 when used as the server.

If I select the PiB as server and the Pi2 as client it seems to work. I can confirm this again today if you like.

Cheers
It's an OSMC-specific issue, so there's nothing we can do about it. You can wait for OSMC to fix it in their builds, or use OpenELEC or XBian.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPnP library share issue0