Taking a screenshot in Kodi on Android set-top box
I have an Android set-top box running 4.4.2 with Kodi 14.2, along with a generic remote and bluetooth keyboard.

Up to this point I've been unable to take screenshots within Kodi. I've tried PrtScr and CTRL+S, both to no avail. The only setting I was able to find in Kodi related to screenshots allowed me to specify the folder where they would be saved.

Looking for advice here on how this can be done. I'd also like to take video capture, but I think that may be too much to ask.

Thanks in advance.
Did you set the folder for them to be saved? Screenshots won't actually be taken until the folder location is set.
I did set the folder, and even tried a few different locations. No luck.
Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when you try to take a screen shot?
i don't see anything in the log that appears related to this action, so I'm thinking that the keystrokes are not being recognized. Is that a possibility?

I'm using a pretty standard Bluetooth keyboard. Thanks.
Probably. I would try mapping a new button to the action using the Keymap editor add-on.
I have a Droidsticks M8 set top box running Kitkat with no keyboard, just a generic remote. I'd like to map a button to take screenshot for my fanart.

I know I have to create a file in the sdcard location but can't find the original remote file to edit... any ideas, anyone?

Thanks.
Don't bother editing the file. Just use the Keymap Editor add-on, and it will do all of that for you.
Thanks, Ned. I'll look into that.
Oh you can't actually take a screenshot of the video stream can you?
For most OSes it should work, but there are one or two platforms where video is "different" (from what I'm told), so it might not capture with a Kodi screen grab.
Same Problem here. Iam also using a Android TV Box (Orbsmart S82) and iam not able to make a screenshot.

Any ideas?
System: Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Kodi Version: v19.4 Matrix | Skin: Aeon MQ7 Mod
That's how I solved my problem;

Install from repo
All Repositories
Program Addons
Key map editor -> install
Edit
Select Action Category -> Programs -> Other
Take a screenshot
Edit -> press the key within 5 seconds (which you wish to use to take screenshots but make sure it has no function under kodi/elec).
Do not forget to select SAVE on exit.

To set Screenshot folder

Settings
System settings
Logging
Debug
Screenshot Folder
Select

http://forum.kodi.tv/images/smilies/rotfl.png
(2015-05-14, 01:51)phillyfanatic Wrote: I have an Android set-top box running 4.4.2 with Kodi 14.2, along with a generic remote and bluetooth keyboard.

Up to this point I've been unable to take screenshots within Kodi. I've tried PrtScr and CTRL+S, both to no avail. The only setting I was able to find in Kodi related to screenshots allowed me to specify the folder where they would be saved.

Looking for advice here on how this can be done. I'd also like to take video capture, but I think that may be too much to ask.

Thanks in advance.

Can you not see a screenshot shortcut icon when you drag up with mouse from the bottom of the screen ?

re video capture....google search "MIni HDMI HD HDD Video TV Capture Nano Recording 1080P "....i use one of these generic devices...works great !
(2016-10-12, 22:53)ali.tr Wrote: That's how I solved my problem;

Install from repo
All Repositories
Program Addons
Key map editor -> install
Edit
Select Action Category -> Programs -> Other
Take a screenshot
Edit -> press the key within 5 seconds (which you wish to use to take screenshots but make sure it has no function under kodi/elec).
Do not forget to select SAVE on exit.

To set Screenshot folder

Settings
System settings
Logging
Debug
Screenshot Folder
Select

http://forum.kodi.tv/images/smilies/rotfl.png

I wish it was that easy for me! Trying to set a screenshot directory on a wide open share with no permissions required, and I get the following.... I also get this if I just try to store to the blank USB stick in the back of my Shield.... Or absolutely any other folder....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Taking a screenshot in Kodi on Android set-top box0