What is cheaper pc to use kodi
Wink 
Hello every one, I am new bie Laugh so just has one question:
What is cheap pc and condition to run kodi software? Please show me. Thank you.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ
Any old second hand scrap will do. No need to spend money when it will work on free kit.

Personally I am using an old Asus Motherboard, Core 2 Quad 6600 (but was also running fine on a Core 2 Duo). Only have 3GB memory in there. OS Win 8.1 but also happy on Win7. I'd avoid XP as support is being dropped.

Remember - if you don't want to pay for an OS there is Linux Unbuntu (depends what you want to learn).

The only new-ish part I purchased was a nVidia 610 graphics card for the HDMI output.

Whatever kit you start off with you can always upgrade parts later.
Thank you so much.
Raspberry pi 2 or the b+. The b+ just had a price, but both are less than 50 bucks.
You might consider a NUC or Brix. Raspberry pi isn't going to run windows, which I assume is a requirement for you.

scott s.
No windows requirement was mentioned. I endorse rpi2, then a bit more expensive, but still cheap, chromebox plus openelec.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I think windows is mentioned as this is the windows section Wink. Would make no sense to mention a linux OS in a windows subforum, tbh.
It wouldn't be the first time someone posted in the wrong subforum, or was even unaware of alternatives. Cost was mentioned, and windows is generally a more expensive option, so Linux seems relevant.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Wow now I can learn a lot from all over Master, Thanks
Tommy.
You also need to think of what you may want to do in the near future. I have an HP mini laptop, as rack space is at premium, with HDMI/nvidia 2/2/3. I paid 300 bucks for it. It plays 99% fine, but lags on some 1080p video. Whatever you do, focus on CPU, you can't upgrade that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is cheaper pc to use kodi0