create folder.jpg
(2015-05-15, 22:37)DanCooper Wrote: We don't need an additional "folder.jpg" field! Simply add "folder.jpg" into the poster field in expert settings and Ember would create an additional folder.jpg file while saving all other files. Ember does also recognize existing folder.jpg with this setting.

Instead of adding folder.jpg to expert settings?

Why not just duplicate/copy the poster.jpg image as a duplicate as folder.jpg.

That way in the folder there would be

-poster image
-folder image.

Then there is no issues with export.

Also can u explain why we need to export these images in kodi, if the files are local to the movie folders?

Do u have your movies in thumbnail mode in Explorer?
You will see how crap it looks without folder.jpg...

Then when you have folder.jpg in each movie folder, it looks great.

This is not just cosmetic but is also functional.
Because I can quickly identify movies from their thumbnail in explorer.
It makes it easier to manage.

Also folder.jpg is used by other programs like Windows Media Center etc..
as pointed out by ...shaktoo
(2015-05-17, 17:03)madmax2 Wrote:
(2015-05-15, 22:37)DanCooper Wrote: We don't need an additional "folder.jpg" field! Simply add "folder.jpg" into the poster field in expert settings and Ember would create an additional folder.jpg file while saving all other files. Ember does also recognize existing folder.jpg with this setting.

Instead of adding folder.jpg to expert settings?

Why not just duplicate/copy the poster.jpg image as a duplicate as folder.jpg.

That way in the folder there would be

-poster image
-folder image.
If you add "folder.jpg" to the Expert -> Single -> Poster field, Ember do exactly what you want!

(2015-05-17, 17:03)madmax2 Wrote: Then there is no issues with export.
It's not true! But I have no desire to explain.

(2015-05-17, 17:03)madmax2 Wrote: Also can u explain why we need to export these images in kodi, if the files are local to the movie folders?
Users who have until now everything scraped with Kodi and now want to import the already scraped informations and images to Ember?!

(2015-05-17, 17:03)madmax2 Wrote: Do u have your movies in thumbnail mode in Explorer?
You will see how crap it looks without folder.jpg...

Then when you have folder.jpg in each movie folder, it looks great.

This is not just cosmetic but is also functional.
Because I can quickly identify movies from their thumbnail in explorer.
It makes it easier to manage.

Also folder.jpg is used by other programs like Windows Media Center etc..
as pointed out by ...shaktoo
I know. For this reason, there is the expert settings. Here you can set every conceivable file name that you want for ALL image types that Ember can read or save.
madmax2 : I tried as suggested by Dan adding folder.jpg to poster filed and it works very well.. without any issues. Why are you insistent on something and not trying what has been suggested. As dan has explianed this is very simple to do , and the other suggestion that I have made is also not just simple but very fulfilling.
(2015-05-17, 20:07)shaktoo Wrote: madmax2 : I tried as suggested by Dan adding folder.jpg to poster filed and it works very well.. without any issues. Why are you insistent on something and not trying what has been suggested. As dan has explianed this is very simple to do , and the other suggestion that I have made is also not just simple but very fulfilling.

It's not that I am insistent.
I am aware that if I do the expert setting as pointed out by the image tutorial it would work.

But why does doing expert setting not cause conflict with export?
Since it is creating a folder.jpg now just as requested.

But if folder.jpg gets automatically duplicated from poster.jpg, then there will be export issue.

I was just wondering why the poster image couldn't be just duplicated and one is name poster.jpg
because I also use another program "Media center master" and it does scrape a folder.jpg and poster.jpg.

So I was just wondering why that other program (also a very popular scraper) can do it and not EMM.
And there has been no issue/complaints about export in their forums,
Else that programmer for Media center master would have removed the automatically generate folder.jpg

Also why does that program generate a poster.jpg, but Ember creates filename-poster.jpg.
So when I already scrape with MCM and I load the movies in Ember, it does not recognise poster.jpg.
and I need to rescrape for that poster.jpg.

If the reason for doing filename-poster.jpg is because people might store all their movies in one folder..
but then what is the point of scraping, if people did that?
Wouldn't all the other images get over written (as each movie is scrape) if all movie files are in one folder?

It was just more about curiousity.
(2015-05-14, 17:32)Cocotus Wrote: Anything activated in Helix/Frodo settings (default setting) in Ember will be renamed in official KODI database export format (Its the naming which Kodi/XBMC uses when you export your database in XMBC):

I.E. if you have checked poster here, this will result in ONLY supporting (saving/reading) <moviename>-poster.jpg and not something like folder.jpg, poster.jpg.

If you want Ember to write/read other artwork too you will need to fill in expert settings like this:

I think that might be what you want.

thanks,it solved my problem like madmax2's

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
create folder.jpg0