M8 S802 crashes on Kodi
i once had i misbehaviour with mine and fixed it by flashing a stock rom with USB Burning Tool. I think those issues can be slimmed down to a corrupted bootloader or nand flash.
Anyway by flashing using that tool it will repartition it again and wipe it properly.
The official ROMs for the round boxes started to come rooted since last year, so my bet is that yours is rooted.

Here follow this guide: http://mbox.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=182 and use this USB_Burning_Tool_v2.0.4_x86 instead as it supports win8
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
The device isn't rooted, and it crashes in the middle of the rooting process.
I don't think I can use the Windows burning tool since the device doesn't have an OTG port but I'll give it a shot with a regular USB cable.
If not, I'll try replacing the ROM with a SD card.
Good chances I'll brick it but at this point I don't mind it so much since it looks to me the problem is with the hardware and I'll have to get a new one.
I'll give it a shot and let you guys know.
Thanks for all your help!
Update - tried replacing the ROM through the SD card but the device crashes in the middle of the process,

So the only way left for me is the Windows burning tool.

The thing is, the tool expects a large img file, but the zip file of the latest available ROM I downloaded extracts into multiple dirs and img files which the burning tool doesn't care for.

Any advice?
gee just follow the guide to the letter if you have the square m8 box as in the guide then the 108k4 image is the one to use. after that is done then you can update to newer firmware
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
M8 S802 crashes on Kodi0