Android Miami Box and Passthrough not working
Hi,

I'm using a TV Box from my ISP. The Miami Box is on android 4.2.2, and is based on a Marvell Armada 1500 Pro SoC (88DE3114). The box is connected to my Home Cinema using HDMI, and the internal media player works in DD or DTS. But it has some limitations (can't display subtitles, can't change audio track), and the FAI (Bouygues Telecom) support says the media player will not evolve.

Si I tried Kodi (and SPMC too), but even with PassThrough on, sound is inly in PCM. I didn't find any way to make it working in passthrough. Passthrough is activated in the box parameters ans in the app. As some other apps are working (plex, internal media player) in passthrough), we think the problem comes form Kodi, which doesn't support this platform.

So, my question is, will this SoC, or this box, be supported in Kodi ? And what I can do to help you, if needed ?

Thanks,

Sebastien.
Hi,

Exactly same problem for me .( Miami Box )

"Passthrough" was working fine on kodi helix version but now it doesn't work anymore on isengard update.

Thanks

(sorry for my bad english )
Hi,

Same here: same hardware, same issue.

Kodi fails to provide anything else than white noise in passthrough, though the previous version just worked fine.

I have sound when I disable passthrough but then I lose all dte 5.1 audio DTS & AC3 output which is all downmixed to Stereo.
Brick 
I just tried updating to Kodi 16 alpha 2 : same thing, no way to make the pass-through work correctly.

My setup is :
Quote:Kodi 16 alpha 2 and Kodi 15 RC + stable have the same problem
Bbox Miami (French set-top box from Bouygues)
Android 4.2.2 API level 17
Kernel 3.4.94
ARMv7
Marvell Berlin SoC

Here is the debug output log if anyone can help:
http://pastebin.com/swCqyE3G
I see very similar problems in a lot of topics, especially this one : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=237689

Though I do have an older API level (17 VS 21), it does seem like the audio SPDIF pass-through on Android Kodi is generally broken, doesn't it ?
I didn't find how to activate passthrough with Kodi on this box. With 15.1 I get some horrible sound. So : PCM. As the Box media player and Plex app are working with passthrough, it should be possible to make kodi working too. But for now, I use my Sony Bravia media player...
(2015-09-28, 21:33)slyce Wrote: I didn't find how to activate passthrough with Kodi on this box. With 15.1 I get some horrible sound. So : PCM. As the Box media player and Plex app are working with passthrough, it should be possible to make kodi working too. But for now, I use my Sony Bravia media player...

I just tried this :

- Reset to factory settings of my Bbox Miami
- Install Kodi 16.0 Alpha 2
- Activate pass-through

=> Nothing changed at all Sleepy
There is definitely an issue there !!

EDIT : Switched to Kodi 13.x : with pass-through enabled, my audio amp receives STEREO (PCM ?) sound, funny !

Let's try Kodi 12 !

EDIT 2 :

Kodi 12 has the same issue as Kodi 15 and 16 ! Very "funny".

I wonder what maked Kodi 13 different ?... and did I miss Kodi 14? Let's try Helix again.

EDIT 3 : Kodi 14 with pass-though enabled seems to output PCM Stereo sound. Weird, weird.
OK I think it'll be my last message here. Tried Kodi 12, 13, 14, 15, 16. I guess the issue must be on my hardware.

My set top box, Bbox Miami is supposed to be updated from 4.2.2 to 5.1 "Google TV" next month. I hope it will solve anything. If not, I'll just have to use my Banana Pi as a media center instead of it.

Post on Bouygues forum to hopefully get a solution :
http://forum.bouyguestelecom.fr/question...rough-kodi

Post on French forum showing we all have this issue :
https://lafibre.info/bbox-les-news/bbox-...#msg247232
I had similar problems with my minix x7. I am still running SPMC 14.2 as passthrough works for me, using spdif to my home theatre. I tried updating to kodi 15.2 and spmc 15 and both of them passthrough wouldnt work - either got static noise, or no sound at all.
(2015-09-29, 21:44)ryadre Wrote: I had similar problems with my minix x7. I am still running SPMC 14.2 as passthrough works for me, using spdif to my home theatre. I tried updating to kodi 15.2 and spmc 15 and both of them passthrough wouldnt work - either got static noise, or no sound at all.

Thanks for the feedback. I installed and tried SPDIF pass-through with SPMC 14.2 ( spmc-armeabi-v7a_14.2.0.apk )

It still does not work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Miami Box and Passthrough not working0