• 13(current)
Looking for ideas, questions, whatever for cordcutting show
(2015-09-21, 13:44)Wanilton Wrote: @feathers, go to addon setting, and active for show all videos option.

Thanks for the tip.
(2015-09-21, 19:06)ngergely Wrote: Razze & Ned
I understand that there are a few issues with the setup still, but it is very actively being worked. I wasn't really suggesting that it be something that would be recommended to the average Kodi user, just a thought as a point of discussion.

I personally love Kodi and have stared to fall in love with Emby. My hope is that if more people are aware of it, then more people would get involved in working through its shortcomings, so that maybe someday it can be viewed as an alternative to an SQL database sync.

Anyway, just thought it could be a point of discussion, with the caveat that there are some issues that could come up, if not setup correctly.

Also, just wanted to say thanks Nate & Ned for the weekly podcast. I've enjoyed watching every one of them.

I get, that but we have to warn the average user, as there is still a reason that we don't have it in the official repo.
Yes, it's being worked on, but throwing a bunch of new users on them, that might potentially break their librarys and not know what has happend is not the best idea. In the worst case, they will blame Kodi. And it's not down to the setup, it's more of a luck thing if it happens to you.
Not to mention quite how often it gets recommended on here, regardless of who the original poster of the question actually is (new or experienced). Admittedly it's by other members here who are trying to give help and assistance, but it does seem quite common for a set-up that is in the state that it is.

Personally I've had it recommended to me 2-3 times since I've been a member here, although in my case it's not possible (my library is on a WD NAS, for which there is no Emby server currently).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2015-09-21, 23:34)DarrenHill Wrote: Not to mention quite how often it gets recommended on here, regardless of who the original poster of the question actually is (new or experienced). Admittedly it's by other members here who are trying to give help and assistance, but it does seem quite common for a set-up that is in the state that it is.

Personally I've had it recommended to me 2-3 times since I've been a member here, although in my case it's not possible (my library is on a WD NAS, for which there is no Emby server currently).

Yeah, I can never figure out why people do things like that. On reddit, before the users decided to push all piracy addon stuff over to another subreddit, just about every question would get some kind of totally off-topic answer about installing some piracy addon. It was always super suspicious and absolutely looked like sneaky advertising. But over time I've somewhat reached the conclusion that maybe people are just like that. They find a solution they like and suggest it everywhere, even where it doesn't apply at all.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thank you all for the responses, I was only trying to provide a topic for discussion. I do not believe that it is the right thing for everyone, just an option for those who are looking for that particular kind of setup.

I will note that the emby/kodi integration does work much better than the discussion here implies, but it definitely is not for everyone.

Anyway, in an effort to not further derail this thread, I will leave it at that and suggest that any further debate about the validity of the emby/kodi integration product be discussed in another form.

Thanks
(2015-09-23, 14:27)ngergely Wrote: Anyway, in an effort to not further derail this thread, I will leave it at that and suggest that any further debate about the validity of the emby/kodi integration product be discussed in another form.

Thanks

I wouldn't worry too much about derailing the thread. The whole point of this thread is to bring up a bunch of different possible discussion points. Derailing is almost implicit in that idea.
When are you going to post your next episode?
Soon. Very soon.
Nice chat. I'd liked the results of the gsoc projects and the interesting sea-lion topic at the end.
Go wikipedia!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaston_(seal)
Just to correct this, Ksoooooooooooooo is from germany and the streamed pvr test videos were streamed from a home in finland.
Just watched the latest Kordkutters video, i like the room correction ideea, and the guy who wants to implement it is obviously a skilled coder (algorithms like that aren`t easy to create), but i won`t replace any A/V receiver for most people. The issue is connecting the source (your media player) to the amp. Most modern day HTPCs like the Asus Chromebox, Intel NUC, the Nvidia Shield & Nexus Player , various other no-name Android boxes etc. don`t have 5.1 or 7.1 RCA out ports anymore for analog audio. Those things kinda died years ago. Best they have is a small 3.5mm output jack for stereo/headphones, the SHIELD does not even have that.

So there`s no way you can connect most of these buggers to a 5.1 amplifier and use the upcoming Room Correction feature from KODI.
(2015-10-16, 02:49)Soulbind Wrote: Just watched the latest Kordkutters video, i like the room correction ideea, and the guy who wants to implement it is obviously a skilled coder (algorithms like that aren`t easy to create), but i won`t replace any A/V receiver for most people. The issue is connecting the source (your media player) to the amp. Most modern day HTPCs like the Asus Chromebox, Intel NUC, the Nvidia Shield & Nexus Player , various other no-name Android boxes etc. don`t have 5.1 or 7.1 RCA out ports anymore for analog audio. Those things kinda died years ago. Best they have is a small 3.5mm output jack for stereo/headphones, the SHIELD does not even have that.

So there`s no way you can connect most of these buggers to a 5.1 amplifier and use the upcoming Room Correction feature from KODI.

It works with PCM over HDMI, and USB audio output devices are cheap and also provide several more options.
T shirt of the month is an excellent idea. First one should be Kodi Ahead road sign
Maybe we should insist that they're mirror-symmetrical though, at least for any that Nate wears on KordKutters as his feed always seems to be mirrored and the T-shirts with wording on always look weird when displayed backwards? Wink
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for ideas, questions, whatever for cordcutting show0