• 16(current)
Looking for ideas, questions, whatever for cordcutting show
(2016-06-26, 12:11)nickr Wrote: Pi case? Url?

https://kodi.tv/the-official-kodi-editio...y-pi-case/
(2016-06-26, 12:18)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-06-26, 12:11)nickr Wrote: Pi case? Url?

https://kodi.tv/the-official-kodi-editio...y-pi-case/

I thought we'd been promoting it like crazy, but if nickr hasn't seen it yet, I guess we've got some work to do yet. Smile
I guess I don't look at the web front page often enough lol.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-06-26, 08:54)natethomas Wrote: It's more on hiatus than dead. I'm trying to come up with a way to tool the channel so getting and editing content isn't like pulling teeth every week. Also, I've been pretty heavily involved in the release of the Pi case, which took a crazy long time to actually get out, so my time has been pretty limited to begin with. Now that it's out, I should hopefully have more time for the more fun stuff again.

@natethomas / ned

I certainly can appreciate the amount of time that is required to go into an episode of KordKutters and can appreciate the other time demands both in the other work you do for Kodi and I'm sure in your personal lives. Like others, I would encourage you to think about starting the episodes up again but you might want to be a little less ambitious - say an episode a month or six weeks rather than an episode every week?

I would echo the sentiments of other posts in this thread - this is a really great community engagement tool and it would be a shame to lose it completely. I'm not familiar with all the nooks and crannies of the forum and found it very helpful as it introduced me to retroplayer and the UPNP builds and some of the other great work the team is doing.

Some topic suggestions (as an outsider who doesn't know all the nooks and crannies):

- update on krypton (demo some of the improvements beyond the skin) - e.g. game controller support seems much much better - I can't wait until I can get krypton on my retropie system.
- as a beginner to skinning, I personally would like a segment on that - maybe get one of the skinners to answer a question they see a lot in the forum, or detail some of the pretty major changes in the krypton skin engine.
- you've done this in the past and it's cool - feature an add-on or two.
- discussion of openELEC and LibreELEC
- updates on retroplayer and upnp projects
- brief segment on one of ned's crazy hardware projects.

Cheers,

~Raze
~Raze
Personally I found the episodes way too long. Most tech videos, reviews, etc seem to be in the 10-15 minute range.

Maybe a consideration could be to break the videos down into shorter episodes, each with their own subject, rather than one long video with multiple subjects? Otherwise A.D.D. can start to set in.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
I haven't really talked to Nate about it, but I think retooling the format is something we're both probably thinking about. It's still nice to just have an off-the-cuff discussion about stuff, but having shorter topic-specific videos is a very good idea.

That or we can continue work on our four hour interpretive dance routine, where we explain the GPL only using our bodies in skin tight suits.
(2016-09-08, 10:00)Ned Scott Wrote: I haven't really talked to Nate about it, but I think retooling the format is something we're both probably thinking about. It's still nice to just have an off-the-cuff discussion about stuff, but having shorter topic-specific videos is a very good idea.

That or we can continue work on our four hour interpretive dance routine, where we explain the GPL only using our bodies in skin tight suits.

Oh wait, so we ARE supposed to be wearing the skin tight suits? Just a sec, I have a tape I need to go burn.
Am I missing something....the last video uploaded to Youtube is 5 months ago.
(2016-09-08, 23:39)Powerhouse Wrote: Am I missing something....the last video uploaded to Youtube is 5 months ago.

Nope, I'm avoiding uploading anything until I can figure out how to do so again on a regular basis.
(2016-09-08, 19:24)natethomas Wrote:
(2016-09-08, 10:00)Ned Scott Wrote: ...

Oh wait, so we ARE supposed to be wearing the skin tight suits? Just a sec, I have a tape I need to go burn.

Hey, there's a market for everything! Wink

In all seriousness I for one hope the show does come back at some point, I really enjoyed tuning in.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Its a shame I can't really contribute (can't show face as I've got a public figure real world job).

I'd love to show off a series of cool Add-ons once a month or the latest developer discussion that I follow and can probably bumble my way to explain it in simple human terms Wink

Some ideas

- Featured Add-on each episode
- Shorter 30min shows
- Look ahead to coming features segment
- Look at the feature request forum and bring a couple up

Loads of ideas Smile
(2016-09-09, 12:45)zag Wrote: Its a shame I can't really contribute (can't show face as I've got a public figure real world job).
tight skin suit plus ski mask?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
What about sorting the skins by functionality over confluence?

I know that would help me. I have only used confluence, I think there are some skins to help me do stuff I want to, but can't, but I don't know which one. So each skin developer would need to document that.
There you go zag

Enviado do meu A0001 através de Tapatalk
Can't watch new kordkutters recording:
https://youtu.be/QANmTzv7BxQ
"This live stream recording is not available"
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for ideas, questions, whatever for cordcutting show0