Win Helix 14.2 Return to 'files' rather than last viewed
XBMC previously returned to what I can describe as the 'root' menu, i.e., the main list of video sources after selecting VIDEOS following a return to the home screen. KODI 14.2 returns to the last folder from which a video was run. This requires navigating with the equivalent of hitting back-back-back etc. to return to the main video source list. Is there a setting I have missed? This is so frustrating that I have removed KODI and returned to Gotham. An option seems to be to exit KODI and reload, kind of a pain. BTW, I find that KODI has a much longer load time than previous iterations of XBMC.
I don't seem to be able to duplicate your issue, Kodi 14.2 returns to the home screen every time for me (try the esc key, direct to home-screen from sub depth). Pick up Kodi 15 beta1 a lot of old legacy code has been cleaned, quick is it's unofficial name.

Throw up you debug log link, and let's have a peek.
Thanks for your reply. Loaded 15.0Beta1, same situation. If I was unclear, here is the sequence. From home menu, select VIDEOS, then drill down say five levels to reach specific .avi files. Load and run a file, stop the playback, use ESC to return to the home menu. Now when I hit VIDEOS again I am returned all the way down to the folder from which I exited using the ESC key. To return to the VIDEO-FILES sub menu I have either to (1) exit Kodi and reload, or (2) move back up through each sub menu on the path. This happens with either Helix or Isenguard. So getting back to the home screen is fine, it's where you go from there that is the problem. Not sure how to link a debug log, but will investigate.
Ah... I see there was a slight miss-communication. Well Kodi was always meant to play through the library 'movies button' not the file mode 'video button',the maintenance mode. Kodi can be used that way, (you seem to do it and I see your frustration) but it's not much joy. 5 levels deep... eeps, I like to have my library as flat as possible, (35-1 level subs) extensive use of playlists, tags, nodes, favourites, and lately Super Favourites (which I believe would allow you instant access to the depths of your collection on a click). You're treating Kodi as a file browser and not a media manager which it excels at, and micro managing your library through sub folders. Let Kodi be Kodi and you too will see the love.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Helix 14.2 Return to 'files' rather than last viewed0