Should it go in movies or tv shows?
So I have the whole series of The Guild. The issue is that instead of short 5 or 10 minute episodes put together to make a season. I have one file that's an hour and thirty minutes containing all the episodes for the season. My issue is I labeled each of the 6 files as season 1-6 and nothing shows up in Kodi under TV shows. How should I label each file for it to show up in Kodi? And like the title says should I put it in TV or movies?
Depends on the scraper you are using. Basically you need to get the show name to match the scraper as close as possible.

As this is a TV Series, then I would still put it under TV Shows as that is the scraper that will recognise it.

Assuming you are using the default TV Show scraper - theTVDB.com - I would name the show as follows:

\TV\The Guild\Series 01\The.guild.s01e01e02e03e04e05e06.mkv

Note also the handling of the specials as I can see a lot of "extras" have been thrown in with that series. These all need the special s00eNN episode naming. Which will add to some fun if they are also included in you 90 minute videos.

See this page of the Wiki for naming details - especially the bit on multiple episode naming:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files...ti-episode

And something I haven't tried... have have a read of this about Bookmarks to let KODI know how to jump to episode 2, 3, 4 etc.
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Set_episode_bookmarks
I started to wonder if I was gonna have to name it that way. I'll have to watch the video outside of Kodi to see if the Netflix shows includes the specials.
KODI needs that kind of name as it doesn't really know anything clever about the video file. It is just pattern matching on the file name.

If there are specials in that 90min recording you will end up with a very bonkers looking filename - but at least it will be a correct description of the show.
You could use something like avidemux to chop it up into separate files if having them all together annoys too much.

Or you could use bookmarks (wiki).
I'll probably use bookmarks since it's really only 6 files that have this issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Should it go in movies or tv shows?0