Bug Misaligned subtitle outline
Hi there,

In every movie/tv show I watch, sometimes the outline of the subtitle gets crazy and I don't know how to fix this. I've already tried disabling "Adjust refresh rate to match video", remove bold, change size... Running OpenELEC on a Raspberry Pi 2.
Any ideias?

Might be insufficient gpu_mem. Upload your debug log (wiki).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-05-16, 05:49)Milhouse Wrote: Might be insufficient gpu_mem. Upload your debug log (wiki).

Having this problem too sporadicaly, mostly at the beginning of a file and then once or twice inside the file. gpu_mem is 320 so not a problem. This must be a firmware issue. Will check with 5.95.1 and report back
(2015-05-16, 05:49)Milhouse Wrote: Might be insufficient gpu_mem. Upload your debug log (wiki).

Could it be insufficient gpu_mem since it still has the default value? Here's the config.txt.
(2015-05-16, 13:54)utubas Wrote: Could it be insufficient gpu_mem since it still has the default value? Here's the config.txt.

You should be OK, as the "gpu_mem_1024=256" line will take precedence on a Pi2 and allocate 256MB to the GPU, which is the correct/recommended figure.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Problem persists with 5.95.1. It is reduced however to one or two words instead of the full line. At least in some movies I tested...
I don't know what do to in order to fix this. I've created a topic in OpenELEC's forum, but no answer from them.
Are you able to test on something other than a Pi, eg. x86 OpenELEC or Kodi on Windows, just to try and narrow down where the problem lies, either with OpenELEC OS, Kodi, or RPi.
I have an Asus Eeepc 4G with Openelec 5.0.8 installed, and no problems at all. The same in a Windows laptop. So I guess it narrows it down to the RPi.
(2015-05-17, 23:31)utubas Wrote: I have an Asus Eeepc 4G with Openelec 5.0.8 installed, and no problems at all. The same in a Windows laptop. So I guess it narrows it down to the RPi.

Do you have this problem on the Pi from the outset (ie. straight after booting) or does it take a while to show up? There have been reports of a memory leak in libass which can cause a problem after an extended period of watching with subtitles (it's not Pi specific, just that the Pi typically has less memory than x86 devices so runs into problems sooner than x86).

If the problem is there from the outset, upload a small sample file that demonstrates the problem. This thread should also have a debug log by now...
The problem happens with every file I play, and it is not always on the same part of the subtitle.

Here's the debug log, I stopped right after the bug appeared.
This should be fixed in the next OpenELEC test build, #0529 - the fix is from PR7201.
Great news. Any chance of having a 5.0.9 stable release with that fix?
Doubt it, unless you build it yourself. OpenELEC 6 is now in beta so I don't think there'll be any further official builds of Helix. If you want the fix, try the test build or wait for an updated OE 6 beta that includes the fix.
Is it possible to make an addon/patch/or simply replace a file for 5.0.8?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Misaligned subtitle outline0