XBMC doesn't start, just shows in the taskmanager
I have no clue how to fix this. I updated windows recently and that was all that I can think of that could have possibly effected this. Help is appreciated.
Well if Kodi 'used to work' then it should continue to work given no changes. If it never worked, then see hardware requirements in the wiki. When you updated windows that's when it broke... re-install, and check the version of DirectX, and your graphic drivers, update or downgrade as needed.
Another thing I should mention is that video playback is problematic. Videos only play for like 1 or 2 seconds.
To continue this conversation we really have to have a look at a proper debug log (wiki) posted to a paste-bin and linked back to this message. Pointing to the recent update to windows, would seem key, gfx drivers or directx versions are the first thing to look at.

then

http://kodi.wiki/view/Supported_hardware
And how does video play for one or two seconds if Kodi doesn't start and/or only shows in the task manager?

Can you rewind to the start and explain what you're seeing, please. Provide the debug log (wiki) as above, and also explain what you mean by 'updated Windows' - the whole OS or just through Windows Update? What does the Update history tell you was installed immediately before Kodi died?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC doesn't start, just shows in the taskmanager0