v15 Skin.string seems to lose value
Hi,

I have a problem with a skin.sting value, I'm using Skin.String(StudioFlagsPath) in a Var as follows:

<variable name="ColorFlagsStudio">
<value condition="Skin.HasSetting(StudiosColorFlag) + !Skin.HasSetting(DisableStudiosColorFlag)">$INFO[Skin.String(StudioFlagsPath)]</value>
<value condition="Skin.HasSetting(DisableStudiosColorFlag)">-</value>
<value>flags/studios/</value>
</variable>

This is then used throughout the skin and in the majority of places works correctly i.e. it grabs the colored studio icon from the relevant location.

But in a couples of views, one being the standard 'List' view, the VAR fails and when checking the contents it is empty. I have also checked the contents of the sking.string via a label output and that too is empty.

Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem for only certain places to effectively lose the skin.string value?

For instance, this

<control type="label">
<label>$INFO[(Skin.String(StudioFlagsPath)]$INFO[ListItem.Label,,.png]</label>
<scroll>true</scroll>
</control>

shows the value of 3DTK only for studio 3DTK??

I've double checked texture and it is correct and if I disable colored flags then it works in 'List' and displays what is in flags/studios/

Thanks,

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
probably because you inside itemlayout/focusedlayout ?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Hi Phil.

Yes that would be correct, so I guess it doesn't work within item / focused layout? is there a workaround?

Mike.
Correct, does not work then. You could duplicate the Image control so you dont need 2 infolabels
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
not sure what you mean exactly, so would you have any additional pointers for a noob?

Mike.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin.string seems to lose value0