Movies and shows not grabbed by scapers
I have a few movies or shows that aren't being grabbed by scrapers, despite naming conventions being spot on. My guess is they are too niche or something - no big deal... .if I could manually add them.

Is there a way to populate the TV Shows and Movies listings with custom tagged movies/shows? How does one accomplish this?
Search for the shows/movies at http://thetvdb.com/ and https://www.themoviedb.org to see if they are recognized and, if they are, make sure to name your files the way they are named on those sites.

I don't know how to do it manually, but someone here does.

Good luck to you...
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
Does anyone actually read the instructions?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Video_library
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I do as follows.
New movies i place in a folder that is "looked at" by a separate kodi installation on my pc. I try to update the lib and check if it finds it.
Sometimes it doesnt (i watch some niche indian movies a lot that arent always picked up by the default tvdb scraper). If this is the case, i check the movie on tvdb and fix naming or year (if it is wrong, tvdb has another year than my media files - fixing that usually works).

If all of that fails, i copy a strawmodel XML an populate manually to create an NFO file.

The above steps cumulatively almost always work so i can import the movie in my xbmc lib. After that, i do a full export of my lib including all d fan art and actor thumb files. Whatever i then have as file set for that movie, i copy to my real media lib and import it on both the kodi boxes at home that i use for actual movie streaming.

This always works for me. Started to follow this approach after i discovered i had the same issue as you - quite some art house movies werent recognised by the normal import....
There are a number of options:
  • Is the movie or TVshow actually listed on the site that you are using for scraping? If not, add it there yourself!
  • Is the movie listed on the site, check whether your filename is exactly the same including the year! For tvshows only include a year if the showname on TheTVDB actually includes one too
  • Use the Universal Movie Scraper, select IMDB as the site and switch on "include all movie categories".
  • Still not scraping? Create a movie.nfo or tvshow.nfo and put in a correct link to the IMDB movie page or TheTVDB tvshow page. If the movie is not listed on IMDB, put all the info you need in the movie.nfo.
  • Follow the link nickr posted and also read nfo files
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
(2015-05-17, 00:10)nickr Wrote: Does anyone actually read the instructions?

Kodi is not an overly-simple application to manage at times. Yes, I've read "the instructions" but no, they were not clear. There are endless pages of documentation sprawled across the web for Kodi/XBMC, so it's not surprising that some of us haven't read and memorized it all - as I'm sure you have.

Thanks for the link, regardless. Sorry to interrupt your instruction-reading, I'll let you get back to it.
(2015-05-17, 17:45)Miguix Wrote: I do as follows.
New movies i place in a folder that is "looked at" by a separate kodi installation on my pc. I try to update the lib and check if it finds it.
Sometimes it doesnt (i watch some niche indian movies a lot that arent always picked up by the default tvdb scraper). If this is the case, i check the movie on tvdb and fix naming or year (if it is wrong, tvdb has another year than my media files - fixing that usually works).

If all of that fails, i copy a strawmodel XML an populate manually to create an NFO file.

The above steps cumulatively almost always work so i can import the movie in my xbmc lib. After that, i do a full export of my lib including all d fan art and actor thumb files. Whatever i then have as file set for that movie, i copy to my real media lib and import it on both the kodi boxes at home that i use for actual movie streaming.

This always works for me. Started to follow this approach after i discovered i had the same issue as you - quite some art house movies werent recognised by the normal import....

Thanks for the helpful post! Do you have a strawmodel XML you could post?
(2015-05-20, 02:39)dimforest Wrote:
(2015-05-17, 00:10)nickr Wrote: Does anyone actually read the instructions?

Kodi is not an overly-simple application to manage at times. Yes, I've read "the instructions" but no, they were not clear. There are endless pages of documentation sprawled across the web for Kodi/XBMC, so it's not surprising that some of us haven't read and memorized it all - as I'm sure you have.

Thanks for the link, regardless. Sorry to interrupt your instruction-reading, I'll let you get back to it.
If you think the wiki is wrong or unclear, then by all means suggest corrections.

Your first post didn't mention following any instructions. It certainly appeared that you hadn't read the most basic stuff on the wiki.

Instructions for the NFOs are here NFO_files (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-05-20, 02:41)dimforest Wrote:

Will try one of these days
Remind me in PM
Just export your video library to individual files and you'll have all the NFO models you could possibly want.
As a bonus it acts as a backup of your library, stored with the media itself.

Cant seem to add attachments.... ?!?
(2015-06-08, 14:02)Miguix Wrote:
(2015-05-17, 17:45)Miguix Wrote:

Cant seem to add attachments.... ?!?

You will need to upload to a flesharing site and then link file
Alternately you can use the code tags:
Code:
-
and post the info in text format

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies and shows not grabbed by scapers0