OpenELEC HDMI display mode
Hi guys,

I set up my ASUS ChromeBox to run OpenELEC.

To make it work, I have to log in remotely by SSH and send this command :
Code:
DISPLAY=:0 xrandr --output HDMI1 --mode 1920x1080i

To change the HDMI mode.

But this setting is never permanent, I have to re-do it on every reboot.

How can I make this permanent please?
The chromebox wiki page deals with this. Chromebox (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Kodi won't use Interlaced mode by default. It will suck for everything, including menu rendering which is done progressive, video decoding and so on. If your TV is a HD Ready only device, then set it to 720p.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-05-17, 11:36)fritsch Wrote: Kodi won't use Interlaced mode by default. It will suck for everything, including menu rendering which is done progressive, video decoding and so on. If your TV is a HD Ready only device, then set it to 720p.

Aah - that's a pity. There are some usage cases where 1080i is very useful.

Standard HD-SDI broadcast video is 1080i for instance - so carrying the output of a Kodi box over HD-SDI to connect to a VTR, Disc Server etc. is a use case I can see. I know broadcasters routinely use WDTV Lives or similar to playback 'viewer video' quickly (rather than stuffing it through a file based workflow) For this to work without a converter box being able to output 1080/50i or 1080/60i is very useful. Most broadcast installations are 1080i not 720p (even in broadcasters that transmit 720p believe it or not) so 720/50p isn't a solution for them.

I've had to do this in the past and ended up with a 720/50p output going through a cross-converter...
Hi guys,

Okay never mind the interlaced.

I now go for:
Code:
DISPLAY=:0 xrandr --output HDMI1 --mode 1280x720

But the problem is the same, I can't make the changes permanent.

(2015-05-17, 02:47)nickr Wrote: The chromebox wiki page deals with this. Chromebox (wiki)

So I read this page and ended up on:
http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=Autostart.sh

So I edited storage/.config/autostart.sh and added the line and now all works perfectly.

Thanks for the heads up guys!
Put a custom xorg.conf to /storage/.config/ which prefers 1280x720
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC HDMI display mode0