Kodi disables Chromecast
Today, every time I open Kodi it disables my ability to have the Chromecast icon in any application! Youtube, Web Video Caster, Local cast etc. I close out Kodi and everything works again in other apps. I deleted Kodi and all references on the tablet and Chromecast works great, but re install just a default Kodi and the icon dissapears from all other apps! Any Ideas as I really do not want to format my tablet! Yesterday everything worked great and no other apps or updates was installed!
Please do not suggest to get rid of chromecast as it will fall onto deaf ears anyway.
I am guessing that the developers hate Chromecast as much as outlook emails. It is a shame that they have a program that disables Chromecast with android... Hmmmmm .. Well Plex and others developers are grown ups and you can sign up with a outlook email.. Bunch of babies...
To the ones that likes Chromecast, here is a work around .. Start a movie on Chromecast and let it play. Then start Kodi and send movies via Web Video Caster.. Of course till the developers learn you can and disable that function.
(2015-05-26, 23:00)Madmankm Wrote: I am guessing that the developers hate Chromecast as much as outlook emails. It is a shame that they have a program that disables Chromecast with android... Hmmmmm .. Well Plex and others developers are grown ups and you can sign up with a outlook email.. Bunch of babies...

Outlook.com automatically marks mail from kodi.tv as spam. That's 100% out of our control, and there's nothing we can do about it. We've tried to get it fixed and nothing seems to work. Please complain to Outlook.com for why the forum registration e-mails don't get through unless you specifically white list it.

As for Chromecast, Kodi doesn't do anything specific at all to interact with Chromecast. Several of our users use both Kodi and Chromecast and have never had an issue. I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I am saying that we have never done anything intentional to disable another program or device like that.
Surely works for me, even with Kodi actually running (didn't try with Kodi playing)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi disables Chromecast0