[Solved] Overscan only while playing videos
Hi.

I spent a few hours trying to understand why I had some blurry vertical lines on my TV plugged to my iMac using a Mini DisplayPort —> HDMI adapter. A test with VLC told me it wasn't a Kodi issue. I eventually learned (thanks Kodi forum) that it was due to OSX overscanning compensation tool, that I had to activate because part of the Kodi interface was missing on my screen.
The solution was to deactivate overscanning compensation tool on OSX, which I did, and to deactivate overscanning on my TV, which I learned to do (thanks Google).
Hurrah ! I had a brand new entire and clear image !

But… I soon discovered that an other overscan was applied, only when a video is played in Kodi : thus, the info and menus where partly out of screen. A test with VLC confirmed that this zoom was applied also to the video. Left and right parts of image are missing (on a 2.35:1 movie).

I proceeded to a clean install of Kodi (the test build linked in this thread), but problem unsolved…
Any idea ?
open terminal.app and do

Code:
mv Library/Application\ Support/Kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml .

This resets all settings (and makes a backup into your home directory). Lets see if this helps.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I did this, but problem unsolved.
More : the overscan (or zoom) happens only when "Adjust display refresh rate" is on. Perhaps there is a link somehow with the test build you posted here.
might be that your tv saves overscan settings for each resolution/refreshrate maybe?

Also i don't know what you have with my testbuild - it has nothing to do with your problem - i am sure...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Your test build managed to solve my initial problem, thank you again for that.

What makes me think there could be a link between it and my actual problem of overscan is that this strange overscan occurs only when "Adjust display refresh rate" is checked, and this option was precisely the object of my initial problem.

Anyway, I'll make some testings as soon as I can (with the latest nightly instead of the test build ; with different fps files ; by forcing refresh of my TV to 24Hz in OSX), these should put some of our hypothesis out of the equation, and let us go forward with this bug.
Problem solved, you were right, my TV is in fault. Sorry about that, and thank you for support. Blush
np Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] Overscan only while playing videos0