Strange stuttering with recorded TV in KodiBuntu
I set up an Asus Chromebox (celeron 2955U w/ intel HD Graphics iGPU) a couple of months ago with KodiBuntu, using the latest ServerWMC build backend on a Win7 machine where my TV tuner is installed (Hauppage 1250 or something like that) and the latest Add-on in both the KodiBuntu machine and on Kodi in the Win7 machine. Kodi 14.2 on both machines. Recorded TV programs were playing fine in WMC and in Kodi (both machines) up until a couple of weeks ago. Now in the KodiBuntu Chromebox, most recorded shows immediately have a strange stutter/echo effect with the video, a very rapid flashback like every quarter second it switches between realtime and half a second previous. Audio seems unaffected. It's continuous and immediate, and is not like a buffering issue. All other media played through Kodi, including 1080p movies coming from a network share on the same Win7 machine plays fine. A few shows play just fine (recorded OTA from an ABC channel), but most (NBC and PBS) have the stuttering issue. The same shows that stutter on the Chromebox play fine in Kodi on the Win7 machine and in WMC.

Log files attached, along with MediaInfo dumps of an episode of Ask This Old House from PBS that stutters and Modern Family from ABC that does not. All of this is OTA/Antenna, not cable/satellite.

Debug log - Started playing at the end of the log
HERE

Stuttering show
HERE

Non-stuttering show
HERE

Any thoughts? I've tried updating Kodi and KodiBuntu, but no changes.
Sorry I missed this. Since its just a problem with the playback of wtv files in the chromebox I can't see how its a problem with swmc since swmc doesn't playback these files, it just hands kodi the path to these files. To make sure of this you should get the same result if you add the recorded tv folder to kodi as a video source and playback the wtv files directly from there. I assume you'll get the same stutter, in which case you need to report this as a bug to the kodi/buntu guys (especially since it used to work - if I understand you correctly). Make sure you give them an example file.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
I did some playing last night, and you're right. I turned off hardware acceleration for general video playback and everything was fine with recorded files. Thanks for looking, though, Krusty.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange stuttering with recorded TV in KodiBuntu0