No DTS-HD and TrueHD through AMD R7 250 GPU
I tried everything, and I cannot get Dell Inspiron Small Desktop with Intel® Core™ i3-4160 to display DTS-HD and TrueHD on my AVR. It showed up as Multichannel. I tried it with Intel® HD Graphics 4400 iGPU and AMD R7 250 GPU. The laptop and Surface Pro worked fine on the same AVR. Other than 3.1 surround not available on AMD R7 250, the sound configurations looked identical to the laptop and Surface Pro. Does anyone having this issue?

Below are screen shots of the configuration-
You need to change the Settings Level to Advanced.
Click where it says Settings Level
Thanks, but I didn't see Advanced in Level. It's the same setting as my Surface.

(2015-05-18, 02:08)noworry Wrote: Thanks, but I didn't see Advanced in Level. It's the same setting as my Surface.

In Kodi, in the first screen you posted, at the bottom left, it says settings level - standard. highlight it and change it to expert, then you will have more audio output options, including the ability to enable HD audio formats
Thanks. I thought that the other guys referred to Windows. I forgot to mentioned that I tried the settings below, and it didn't work either. It doesn't work on TMT either. The Surface Pro and laptop works fine using the same settings.....

(2015-05-18, 02:49)noworry Wrote: Thanks. I thought that the other guys referred to Windows. I forgot to mentioned that I tried the settings below, and it didn't work either. It doesn't work on TMT either. The Surface Pro and laptop works fine using the same settings.....

so what exactly is the problem? When playing a video with an HD audio track, are you not getting sound, or is your receiver reporting something different? "Didn't work" doesn't really capture the problem Smile
As stated in the first post, it got sound as Multichannel instead of DTS-HD and TrueHD. DTS-HD and TrueHD works fine on laptop and Surface using very similar settings on the same AVR.
(2015-05-18, 03:16)noworry Wrote: As stated in the first post, it got sound as Multichannel instead of DTS-HD and TrueHD. DTS-HD and TrueHD works fine on laptop and Surface using very similar settings on the same AVR.

doh, missed that part. Possibly because you have the number of supported channels set to 3.1? dunno if that affects passthru or not, Windows isn't my forte
Yeah change changing the number of channels back to 2.0 and see what happens
I tried all the channels, and it didn't work. The 3.1 channel option worked fine on my laptop and Surface. As stated, TotalMedia Theatre didn 't work either. I knew it is beyond Kodi.

I got it to work 5 minutes ago though. I un-installed both AMD and Realtek HD drivers, and re-installed both drivers. DTS-HD and TrueHD are now displays on AVR, and it is set to 3.1 channel in Kodi and stereo in Windows. The audio drivers might have been corrupted.

Thanks for trying to help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No DTS-HD and TrueHD through AMD R7 250 GPU0