Kodi and DSP/Room correction
I've read on the blog, that kodi has an upcoming project arround DSP and room correction

Simply great, however I wonder how this stands against very good room projection like XT32 on marantz and stuff?

What if you have an avr that already does it?
Which one will be better to use?
nobody knows? i dunno who's doing the job for it..
Perhaps he knows...
I guess nobody can tell until its finished!
They could tell the difference how it works and will work , no?
How is xt32 doing this.. . and how will kodi do it?
Here's the gsoc request where you can find details about the project and you can contact the developer directly:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=219069
(2015-05-19, 11:17)Skank Wrote: They could tell the difference how it works and will work , no?
Please read my proposal and ask specific questions. Hard to say what is the difference, because there exists many systems and I'n not familiar with them all. On the other hand not everything is well defined yet.
If you want you can follow my blog.

(2015-05-19, 11:17)Skank Wrote: How is xt32 doing this.. . and how will kodi do it?
No one except audyssey knows how xt32 works Blush
I will use a chirp signal to measure the impulse response. For the filter design and calculation there exists many approaches and I will test some of them and then choose one method for the first version. Later I will integrate Python into my addon (adsp.xconvolver) and everyone who is familiar with Matlab can write filter design scripts.Wink

If you want you can join the discussion here.
Latest news about AudioDSP and my libraries is available on Twitter.

Developers can follow me on Github.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi and DSP/Room correction0