v14 Using season fanart when scrolling through episodes for that season
Question 
I am trying to use the season fanart as the backdrop during scrolling through the episodes for that season instead of the default behavior of using the all seasons fanart. I've searched through every skin I can find to see if anyone has done this yet to no avail.

In the skin CCM.Helix, the author created a radio button to use the episode thumb as the backdrop while scrolling through episodes
Code:
<onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(EpisodeBackground)</onclick>
It appears that the InfoLabel $INFO[ListItem.icon] in a image control (within a group control) does the magic.

I can recreate this behavior on my own, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to use the InfoLabel $INFO[ListItem.Art(season.fanart)] to display the season fanart as the backdrop.

In the manual there is a reference to the ListItem.Art(season.fanart) InfoLabel only being available in DialogVideoInfo.xml, but I'm not sure how to use/call this instead of ViewsVideoLibrary.xml as the author of CCM used.
  • Would it be possible to use season + ListItem.Season + -fanart.jpg in some form or fashion to set the seasonxx-fanart.jpg image backdrop during episode scrolling within that season? Something like -
    Code:
    <texture diffuse="Fanart_Diffuse.png" background="true" fallback="Fanart_Fallback_Small.jpg">$INFO["season"+ListItem.Season+"-fanart.jpg"]</texture>
    I haven't figured out the syntax to make that work yet if that's even the best way to do this.
  • Am I on the right track with ListItem.Art(season.fanart), but using the incorrect xml files to accomplish this?

Could any of the experienced skinning gurus help guide me with my quests to figure this out please? I've really tried to conquer this on my own, read the skinning manuals and tutorials, googled till my fingers bled, etc., but I've run into a brick wall due to my ignorance with the skinning engine and I sure could use some help.

Thanks in advance,

Robert
I have these 2 lines within a variable for setting poster and they work fine for me in both Helix and Isendgard,

<value condition="!IntegerGreaterThan(ListItem.Season,9)">$INFO[ListItem.Path]$INFO[ListItem.Season,../season0,-poster.jpg]</value>
<value>$INFO[ListItem.Path]$INFO[ListItem.Season,../season,-poster.jpg]</value>

If you scroll thru all seasons you get the relevant season poster you are on and in seasons view also.

I would presume you just substitute -poster.jpg for -fanart.jpg or whatever the season fanart is named?

I also believe there is a new infolabel in Isengard for season posters, but haven't looked into that myself yet and can't recall what it is and don't know if it would do season fanart as well?

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
You're probably going to want to use ListItem.FolderName + ListItem.Season + -fanart.jpg.

eg

Code:
$INFO[ListItem.FolderName]$INFO[ListItem.Season]-fanart.jpg
Here is what I tried with no joy (defaults are used)

$INFO[ListItem.FolderName]season$INFO[ListItem.Season]-fanart.jpg
and
$INFO[ListItem.FolderName]$INFO[ListItem.Season]-fanart.jpg

EDIT 13:25

I also tried $INFO[ListItem.FolderName]$INFO[ListItem.Season,../season,-fanart.jpg]

IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml

Code:
            <control type="group">
                <visible>Container.Content(Episodes)  + !Control.IsVisible(515) + Skin.HasSetting(EpisodeBackground) + !stringcompare(ListItem.Label,..)</visible>
                <include>Window_OpenClose_Animation</include>
                <control type="image">
                    <include>Dimensions_Fullscreen</include>
                    <aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
                    <texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.FolderName]$INFO[ListItem.Season]-fanart.jpg</texture>
                    <fadetime>FanartCrossfadeTime</fadetime>
                </control>

ViewsVideoLibrary.xml

Code:
            <control type="group">
                <left>470</left>
                <top>70</top>
                <visible>Control.IsVisible(515) + Container.Content(Episodes)</visible>
                <control type="image">
                    <left>0</left>
                    <top>0</top>
                    <width>750</width>
                    <height>420</height>
                    <aspectratio scalediffuse="false">scale</aspectratio>
                    <fadetime>IconCrossfadeTime</fadetime>
                    <texture diffuse="Fanart_Diffuse.png" background="true" fallback="Fanart_Fallback_Small.jpg">$INFO[ListItem.FolderName]$INFO[ListItem.Season]-fanart.jpg</texture>
                    <visible>!StringCompare(ListItem.Label,..) + Skin.HasSetting(EpisodeBackground)</visible>
                </control>

Would debug show me what file it was trying to grab? I turned on debuging and checked the log - I saw where the episodes were scrolling
DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::RunQuery took 1 ms for 44 items query: select * from episodeview WHERE episodeview.idShow = 38
however I couldn't find any reference to the EpisodeBackground functions return values. Is there a way to print the text on the screen for troubleshooting?
(2015-05-18, 19:26)Mike_Doc Wrote: I have these 2 lines within a variable for setting poster and they work fine for me in both Helix and Isendgard,
<value condition="!IntegerGreaterThan(ListItem.Season,9)">$INFO[ListItem.Path]$INFO[ListItem.Season,../season0,-poster.jpg]</value>
<value>$INFO[ListItem.Path]$INFO[ListItem.Season,../season,-poster.jpg]</value>

Which xml file would I add those lines to?
I have them in variables.xml in the skin I use i.e. try something like

<variable name="TVShowSeasonFanart">
<value condition="!IntegerGreaterThan(ListItem.Season,9)">$INFO[ListItem.Path]$INFO[ListItem.Season,../season0,-fanart.jpg]</value>
<value>$INFO[ListItem.Path]$INFO[ListItem.Season,../season,-fanart.jpg]</value>
</variable>

and then just put $VAR[TVShowSeasonFanart] in the relevant texture.

Also, where have you obtained season-fanart? I've checked tvdb and nothing there and my scraped shows have nothing as well, are you creating the relevant images yourself?
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Thanks Hitcher for all your help.

I got it to work - not pretty and I'll bet if I dig deeper I can figure out how to do this from the root folder.

If I copy the seasonxx-fanart.jpg file into each seasons directory as fanart.jpg and use the following

$INFO[ListItem.Path]fanart.jpg

it works.
Thanks Mike_Doc for all your help.

(2015-05-18, 20:49)Mike_Doc Wrote: Also, where have you obtained season-fanart? I've checked tvdb and nothing there and my scraped shows have nothing as well, are you creating the relevant images yourself?

I use tvdb to scrape and sometimes I'll manually download the artwork for each show. It is cumbersome - I look through the extra artwork folders and pick the fanart that seems to match that particular season. In some cases I might find some fanart somewhere else that looks appropriate for that season - so its really not season fanart, but my interpretation of what season the fanart looks like it fits.

EDIT 2:02 -

Oh, If you use tinymediamanager or embermediamanager, they will scrape fanart and from there you can manually select your season fanart. With my solution, since those tools save the selected fanart into each season already, that's one less step I have to take.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using season fanart when scrolling through episodes for that season0