Win My updated media room (pics and vids)
Original display: Mitsubishi Diamond 842 82" DLP
Screen: Screen Innovations Black Diamond Zero Edge 1.4 115" with LED kit
Projector: Epson 5030UB
Receiver: Denon AVR 2313Ci
Mains: Focal Chorus 726v
Center: Focal Chorus CC 700
Surrounds: Definitive Technology DI 5.5R
Subwoofer: Dual SVS SB13-Ultra
Remote: Logitech Harmony Home Ultimate
Software: Windows 8.1 Pro | Kodi 14.2 (shared db for multiple setup sync)
Storage: Synology 1812+, 16TB of media storage (3tb x 8 in RAID6 (only 650gb left!) / currently migrating to 4tb WD Red Pro disks)

Original media room before I went with a projector and screen.

It took a couple of weeks of dust all over me and paint that wouldn't wash off but made it this far.

A few weeks later added some accustical treatments and upgraded to dual SB13-Ultras

A few videos of the system in action

Here's a little clip I created when I was following the animated start up screen thread.

Remote controlling the lights
Very nice setup Nod
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
Absolutely lovely screen! However unaffortable for me Sad
Is that ambilight after your screen? Made it yourself? How?
Does it change with the content on screen?
Wow this setup is amazing. I've never seen someone take such a great picture of a projection screen before.

Definitely in for more info on the ambilight setup
it seems its built-on
http://www.technologytell.com/hometech/1...ge-screen/

crazy price though
(2015-05-19, 12:11)sat4all Wrote: Very nice setup Nod

Thanks!

(2015-05-19, 12:31)Skank Wrote: Absolutely lovely screen! However unaffortable for me Sad

Thanks! It is a bit on the expensive side.

(2015-05-19, 12:35)Skank Wrote: Is that ambilight after your screen? Made it yourself? How?
Does it change with the content on screen?

It's integrated in to the frame of the screen. The color doesn't change with the content on screen. There is a remote that allows you to change the color and brightness.

(2015-05-19, 15:24)Talguy Wrote: Wow this setup is amazing. I've never seen someone take such a great picture of a projection screen before.

Definitely in for more info on the ambilight setup

Thanks. I am a photographer on the side. Wink

(2015-05-19, 15:44)Skank Wrote: it seems its built-on
http://www.technologytell.com/hometech/1...ge-screen/

crazy price though

Although still expensive, the price has dropped more than $1000 from the price in that article.
I did a quick video when I first put the screen up. You can see me change the colors of the screen.
Awesome, love that screen!
Just WoW!!!

Color reproduction looks really good even with the ambient light in the room, very nice Smile
wow , the Screen Innovations is very expansive ? any other recommendation , budget around 300usd and want a 120inch for 3d and full hd movies , and im planing to buy the benq projector 1070
wow just love it.

i really liked that intro. any change you can upload it?
(2015-05-22, 16:27)SABERZAID Wrote: wow , the Screen Innovations is very expansive ? any other recommendation , budget around 300usd and want a 120inch for 3d and full hd movies , and im planing to buy the benq projector 1070

Take a look at kingpinscreens

A lot cheaper but no screens which are edgeless
(2015-05-21, 12:52)zag Wrote: Awesome, love that screen!

Thanks!

(2015-05-22, 15:23)k4sh1n Wrote: Just WoW!!!

Color reproduction looks really good even with the ambient light in the room, very nice Smile

Thanks a bunch!

(2015-05-22, 16:27)SABERZAID Wrote: wow , the Screen Innovations is very expansive ? any other recommendation , budget around 300usd and want a 120inch for 3d and full hd movies , and im planing to buy the benq projector 1070

Not quite sure for that price range. See Skank's reponse

(2015-05-26, 16:37)tris20 Wrote: wow just love it.

i really liked that intro. any change you can upload it?

There is an entire thread dedicated to start up animations here: XBMC Intro Movie
I was quite happy with my home setup... until now... wow!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My updated media room (pics and vids)0