FireTV Background wallpaper question....?
Hi all,

I tried recently to change my background wallpaper but seem to be having some problems..... (only on firetv)...

If I go to:

Settings/Appearence/Skin/Settings/Background Options/Enable Custom Background/ (and then able the option)....

The problem I have is the "Background Path:"

I only have two options>
External Storage
Root File System

But I am unable to change the path to anything else other than these two options... It would have been nice if I could have pointed it to my network attached HD, As that is where a lot of my pictures are held.

Is this normal for the firetv or is it because it's not rooted?
On my Laptop I'm able to choose any location.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated....
thanks chaps..
sadsack..
Im having the same problem. Only had my stick a few weeks and had never used xbmc/kodi before so this is all new to me but am learning fast.
Still havent worked out how to access the files stored on the stick so that i can upload/overwrite.
My images/themes are installed in share drive on laptop and whenI do manage to get there the images are not showing
I had the same thing happen too. I *think* it's a limitation of Kodi on the AFTV. You can browse multi-images in a folder across the network, but for single images, you're limited to those 2 options only.
You may be able use File Manager to transfer pictures (or other files) to the FireTV local directory as a workaround.

(I seem to vaguely remember someone saying that if you add a network share as a source in File Manager, it shows up as a browse option elsewhere, but I have never tried.)

I'm surprised it doesn't show the profile directory as an option.. that might be a bug.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FireTV Background wallpaper question....?0