lcdproc on Kodibuntu issues - PLEASE HELP!!
Hey Everyone,

I think I may have originally put this in the wrong zone on here so I'm popping it in here so hopefully someone will help me Big Grin

I am running the latest version of Kodibuntu on a HTPC in a Silverstone LC16M case with an imon VFD display (the 2X16 display).

Simply - I can not get the VFD to work with Kodibuntu.

I can get it to run just fine when running Ubuntu but Kodibuntu is no good. Won't work when Kodi is the desktop or when Lubuntu desktop is running.

I have installed lcdproc using apt-get and have configured my /etc/LCDd.conf file to work with my specific VFD but it simply doesn't go.

Here is where I think the problem lies, when I run ps -A there is no LCDd program listed as running and I can't seem to GET it running.

My desktop ubuntu works fine, and I've set up Ubuntu on my HTPC and the VFD works great and I can get it to do everything I want. Just won't work on Kodibuntu and I want to use Kodibuntu as my HTPC OS.

Is there missing packages or something that needs to be installed in Kodibuntu to get lcdproc (or LCDd) to work correctly?

I'm a bit of a Linux noob (and a noob here) so please be patient with me.

Thanks heaps in advance to anyone who has any great ideas!!

Matt
Hello again,

I've done a bit more probing and if I run LCDd in the foreground I now get this error:

Server running in foreground
Listening for queries on 127.0.0.1:13666
screenlist_init()
driver_load(name="imon", filename="/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lcdproc/imon.so")
imon: using Device /dev/lcd0
imon: ERROR opening /dev/lcd0 (No such file or directory)
imon: Did you load the iMON VFD kernel module?
Driver [imon] init failed, return code -1
Module /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lcdproc/imon.s could not be loaded
Could not load driver imon
There is no output driver
Critical error while initializing, abort.

Any one? What am I doing wring here?? I'm sure I've over looked something but what?

As I understand it LIRC names the LCD? (VFD) How do tell what LIRC has named my display?

Help! Please.... Smile
have a look here
http://windowsmediacenter.blogspot.co.uk...-xbmc.html

from wiki here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:XBMC_LCDproc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
lcdproc on Kodibuntu issues - PLEASE HELP!!0