quick request
First, a huge thank you to the community! Without all of the information here i would never have been able to setup my pi2. This thing is amazing!

now, onto a little information before my request for help. I have my pi setup with all kinds of goodies to entertain my household. The thing is even with all of my seraching and tinkering i cannot get it to do two things on boot up: 1.run deluge daemon 2.mount an external drive being shared by my windows 8.1 machine. for me this is not an issue, i know how to open ssh and type in "deluged" followed by "sudo mount -a". The problem lies with my wife, i have tried showing her how to do this, but she seems to believe it is just too much for her to handle.

apologies, moving on, How can we make it so that she can just do a single copy paste that will log her into ssh via putty and run these two commands back to back?

P.S. i have only had this thing for a couple months, and had very limited time spent on ubuntu a couple summers ago, but i manage thanks to this and many other wonderful linux communites.
Operating system and version?
Kodi version?
Power on/off method? (Why power off in the first place?)
Bo Berglund
Sweden
why do you need to mount an external HDD? you don't have to do this manually, you only have to create a source/share inside Kodi. Or is it the other way around that you would like to share a HDD conntected to the PI to your Windows box? OE is creating network shares for connected HDDs automatically
running osmc/kodi Helix i believe, im not really sure on the versions, sorry. i never turn it off unless it freezes or crashes, which isnt often.

the drive is an external hooked up to my windows 8.1 machine being shared on the network, i am not having any problems reading/writing files, the problem is that i am trying to torrent some stuff onto it via deluge using the pi. Like i have said, i have done some googling and it appears that on boot stab cannot mount a network share, i have tried adding bootwait or bootdelay as suggested on another thread elsewhere but tht had no effect.

worst case i will just walk her through starting the daemon and mounting the drive via ssh again, hopefully she can catch on so that i dont have to download all this crap for her father.
Hello Wink

I think this post belongs more to the osmc community rather than the kodi-one, as it is system related...

Nevertheless,
1/ for auto-mount
I personnaly mount a nfs share during osmc boot.
If you can mount manually, you can auto-mount on boot, it's a fstab issue,
just don't forget to add the x-systemd.automount option in your fstab entry

2/ for deluge...
bad luck, you could have to write the init script
look into /lib/systemd/system
if there is any deluge script
Code:
ls /lib/systemd/system/*deluge*
if any enable it and start/restart deluge
Code:
sudo systemctl enable <put_the_deluge_script_filename_here>
sudo systemctl restart <the_deluge_script_file_name>

if not... write this script by yourself... (not so easy work)
ok, reads like this is a low level OSMC support question and probably better suited in their forums where more of theirs devs will see it

edit: zephura was quicker Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
quick request0