• 12(current)
ASRock Beebox (Braswell)
Thank you cjed , that's all I need to know!
(2015-09-22, 11:55)cjed Wrote:
(2015-09-21, 12:45)challenge Wrote: ...
I'd like to know if it can use only that remote or if any 38khz remote will work (using lirc).

Also I'd like to know about waking it up... it wakes up by pressing any button or just the power one?
is the wakeup button customizable (e.g. in bios)?

Any Microsoft RC-6 Windows Media Centre remote (or a Harmony programmed like one) should work - these normally use a 36KHz carrier. The HP Media Center Remote 5070-2586 is compatible - I've tried one.
Waking it from power-off (S5) requires the power button on the remote. This is hard-coded in the BIOS and not customizable.

Cheers for that, does that mean only the supplied remote can issue the power command or can a Harmony be programmed to do it?
(2015-09-22, 17:26)dave77 Wrote: Cheers for that, does that mean only the supplied remote can issue the power command or can a Harmony be programmed to do it?

the IR receiver passes along a wakeup command to the BIOS when the power_toggle IR command is received. It doesn't care what device sent it, just that the IR code is correct
Sorry, Matt's correct, when I said the "power button", I meant the MCE Power-on or Power-toggle IR command. If you're using a Harmony, you can select one of the Media Centre PC profiles and it will work correctly (including the power-on/off).
@fritsch: I have a sample recorded with a Sony AVX-33 I think. It's 4k@25 but with a Bitrate of only 60 Mbps (Camera could do 100 Mbps as well). I hope that the Beebox will be able to playback a file at 100 Mbps as well but since we are low on SD cards right now, we have to record with these settings. Can you please test it if you have time in the next days / weeks?

Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wolx47x8oacuaz...3.MP4?dl=0

No skips - no drops - just perfect. This is a N3150 ... and 25p content is not really demanding :-)

For the record:
Quote:General
Complete name : C0003.MP4
Format : XAVC
Codec ID : XAVC
File size : 86.0 MiB
Duration : 12s 480ms
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 57.8 Mbps
Encoded date : UTC 2015-09-15 17:24:29
Tagged date : UTC 2015-09-15 17:24:29

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 56.1 Mbps
Maximum bit rate : 60.0 Mbps
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.270
Stream size : 83.4 MiB (97%)
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : IEC 61966-2-4
Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio
ID : 2
Format : PCM
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Format settings, Sign : Signed
Codec ID : twos
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 1 536 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Stream size : 2.29 MiB (3%)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Wow that was quick. Awesome, now we can finally replace the old Mac Mini with a N3150 Beebox running Openelec.

Thanks again fritsch.
Only Amazon seems to stock the N3150 here in the UK, and that's the 'barebone' model without memory and SSD. Has anyone on here built one of these, I've read some reviews saying that it's difficult to fit in an SSD do to cable positioning.
(2015-10-05, 12:59)dave77 Wrote: Only Amazon seems to stock the N3150 here in the UK, and that's the 'barebone' model without memory and SSD. Has anyone on here built one of these, I've read some reviews saying that it's difficult to fit in an SSD do to cable positioning.

I've only seen the barebones N3150 version around, which I'd say is better anyway since you get to pick exactly what you want for memory and harddrive. Does Newegg have a presence over there? Their price is cheaper than Amazon in the US.

For the SSD, I'm sure an mSATA would fit no problem since it doesn't have cables. I'm going to try and stuff a 2.5" SSD in mine when I get it since I have one available already.
I've just returned a 3150 (barebones) from Amazon UK, which had no video output. I've just taken delivery of a 2nd one today and that's just the same. Powers up but all video outputs are dead. I've seen a review on Amazon for the 3000 and talk on the Asrock forum of other users with the same issue. Just trying decide whether its worth a third try. Maybe there's a large duff batch, so beware if you buy one.
Did you try another TV just in case?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks, your reply spurred me on. I got it going, re-inserted and swapped memory round a couple of times, one couldn't have been making good contact. Did all that with the first one to no avail.
never mind
OK. I read through a number of posts. Just wanted to confirm. Does this box support TrueHD and DTS-HD for kodi on Linux?
Yes.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASRock Beebox (Braswell)3