(2016-12-30, 15:56)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-12-30, 15:52)Hetfiled Wrote: I tried diffrerent builds

1101 black screen
1113 no problem
1129 black screen
1217 black screen

Without a crash log, nobody knows.
Code:
paste $(ls -1art /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crashlog* | tail -1)
journalctl -a | pastebinit
dmesg | pastebinit

it's arab for me

it's ok if I install a a build with problem and post a file on LIBREELEC\Logfiles ??
Antec Fusion - A6 5400k / Ati HD7540 - Kodi Isengard
ASRock Beebox n3150 - Kodi Jarvis
Oled 55E6V - Onkyo nr809 - B&W 5.1 - Harmony One
You can try that, yes.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
just updated with build
LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-Milhouse-20161225210259-#1225-gdc61a12

as usual black screen with mouse arrow

this is the log
LINK
(2016-12-31, 13:28)Hetfiled Wrote: just updated with build
LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-Milhouse-20161225210259-#1225-gdc61a12

as usual black screen with mouse arrow

this is the log
LINK

With ssh:
Code:
rm -fr /storage/.kodi/addons/inputstream.*

(No samba alternative this time)

Edit: If you don't have ssh enabled, you'll need to downgrade to the last working (non-crashing) LibreELEC version, then enable SSH in LibreELEC Settings add-on, log in (username: root, password: libreelec) and run the command as above, then you should be able to upgrade without crashing. You can use PuTTY on Windows for ssh.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Hefiled:

Using the "Save as..." option in your browser, save the following file autostart.sh to your device via Samba - save it in the Configfiles folder, with the name "autostart.sh" (case sensitive, without the quotes).

Reboot your crashing device.

Once it starts successfully, delete the Configfiles\autostart.sh file.

If it continues to crash, please upload your logs again.
@Milhouse
Thank you, problem solved

Happy New year
Have recently purchased an N3150, with 8gb ram and 120gb msata, and installed Linux mint 18 x64 Mate version, (want to run a couple of low resource 'other' apps on the same box, so openelec etc won't work for me), but finding that even though Kodi + live TV seems to work fine, I have trouble accessing the box from the network, copying stuff to/from, and generally doing anything much 'else' on it. Doesn't seem to be stressed at all - cpu/disk/network access not stressing, but, for example, if I SSH to the box, even my keystrokes take forever to be returned...
Any ideas? This is both when connected to Ethernet or wifi.
Thanks.
(2016-12-27, 02:37)Milhouse Wrote: @dave77 as usual no help without a log file. Best guess without any useful information, "rm -fr /storage/.kodi/addons/inputstream.*"

That worked, thanks!
I got myselfe a J3160 BeeBox. Dont know why but CPU Frequency Scaling is very poor on this Box. The CPU stays too long in low Frequency States wich results in bad UI Performance. Is that on every Brashwell Box or just the BeeBox a Problem?
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
(2017-02-25, 18:25)john.cord Wrote: I got myselfe a J3160 BeeBox. Dont know why but CPU Frequency Scaling is very poor on this Box. The CPU stays too long in low Frequency States wich results in bad UI Performance. Is that on every Brashwell Box or just the BeeBox a Problem?

Has this problem been resolved?, I too want to buy this beebox,
I'm trying to play a 4K video on my Beebox.  Is playing 4k supported on this Beebox or do I need a new NUC?

When I try Kodi restarts.

Crashlog -> http://ix.io/H6T
dmesg -> http://ix.io/H6U

thanks.
For 4k, over HDMI, AFAIK you're gonna need dual channel RAM and need to stick with maximum 30 fps and seemingly 8-bit (SDR/Non-HDR) content. Its a limitation of HDMI 1.4. Search the thread if looking at whats possible through DisplayPort.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
So I've been running a TV tuner card on my N3150 for a while now.

It runs pretty well but every now and again the picture will go blocky for a split second.

This is by all means bearable, I just wondered if there is anything I can do to improve/remedy this? It can be a tad annoying when watching sport.

Is it simply the case that the hardware is not good enough?

I'm running one of Millhouse's recent Libreelec builds with VAAPI enabled.

Cheers,

Liam
(2018-06-29, 06:02)pr0xZen Wrote: For 4k, over HDMI, AFAIK you're gonna need dual channel RAM and need to stick with maximum 30 fps and seemingly 8-bit (SDR/Non-HDR) content. Its a limitation of HDMI 1.4. Search the thread if looking at whats possible through DisplayPort.
 the 30Hz is a HDMI spec/bandwidth limitation, but the 8-bit/non-HDR limitation is due to the Braswell GPU.  DisplayPort will get you 60Hz but still limited to 8-bit/non-HDR
(2018-07-06, 15:33)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2018-06-29, 06:02)pr0xZen Wrote: For 4k, over HDMI, AFAIK you're gonna need dual channel RAM and need to stick with maximum 30 fps and seemingly 8-bit (SDR/Non-HDR) content. Its a limitation of HDMI 1.4. Search the thread if looking at whats possible through DisplayPort.
 the 30Hz is a HDMI spec/bandwidth limitation, but the 8-bit/non-HDR limitation is due to the Braswell GPU.  DisplayPort will get you 60Hz but still limited to 8-bit/non-HDR  

Out of interest Matt - when you talk about the 8-bit limitation I've noticed that for non-UHD resolutions output from an active Displayport 1.2->HDMI 2.0 converter I get 12 bit HDMI output at 1080p and 720p, not 8-bit, according to my HD Fury Vertex.  I guesss this is being padded with 4 LSBs of zeroes?  (This is Apollo Lake, but I think my Haswell Chromebox behaves similarly from its HDMI output)
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASRock Beebox (Braswell)3