• 9(current)
ASRock Beebox (Braswell)
Yeap, I agree, my point was the Braswell Quad Core is no slouch.

We need a Kodi Benchmark that assesses hardware performance in a Kodi context. Smile
The N3000 barebones is now available at NewEgg for $129.99.

Essentially it's the same price as the Intel NUC NUC5CPYH which has a slightly better CPU but doesn't have remote, it's not fanless and doesn't allow dual channel memory.
(2015-07-25, 11:55)oWarchild Wrote: The N3000 barebones is now available at NewEgg for $129.99.

Essentially it's the same price as the Intel NUC NUC5CPYH which has a slightly better CPU but doesn't have remote, it's not fanless and doesn't allow dual channel memory.

I think people should wait for the N3150 (Even thought, not fanless).
I hope that the fan will be quiet one :/

~Home
Just buy the ASRock N3150DC-ITX (when it appears) and a cheap Mini ITX case eg M350.

May not be as tiny, but you will have a true fanless N3150 Box - that's what I'm thinking of !
Maybe but no cir header
(2015-07-27, 00:30)Roby77 Wrote: Maybe but no cir header

Small price to pay for being fanless !
And usb IR receivers are easily accommodated with the bonus of being able to hide the box behind the TV.
Why the Beebox N3150 isn't fanless?
(2015-07-27, 08:42)Gussie Wrote:
(2015-07-27, 00:30)Roby77 Wrote: Maybe but no cir header

Small price to pay for being fanless !
And usb IR receivers are easily accommodated with the bonus of being able to hide the box behind the TV.

Yes i use it with my chromebox, i can't use suspend cause handshake problem with amp

But i'm lazy so i would like to have on off from remote

Better case instead of m350 ? My dream is hd plex
(2015-07-27, 09:09)HomeDope Wrote: Why the Beebox N3150 isn't fanless?

[speculation]
The Beebox is very small (110 x 118.5 x 46mm) and the cooler it uses for the N3000 is probably already at the limit of it can it dissipate. Since the N3150 puts out more heat it requires a bigger cooler. If you look at N3150-ITX motherboard you can see the cooler is quite chunky:

It wouldn't fit on the beebox but if fits on a small mini-ITX enclosure: 192 x 210 x 62mm (M350), for example.
[/speculation]
The ASRock N3700-ITX has the same passive heatsink.

Any discussion of using the Braswell ASRock ITX boards is pretty moot at this point in time. There is NO stock in the UK and very long lead times.

It seems these little Braswell boards are proving too popular !
looks like the N3150 (quad core) version is available via a 3rd party seller on Amazon.com now - anyone pick one up yet?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B012SXAE0W/
And the ASRock Beebox N3150 barebones is now available at newegg for $155: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-Product
Hi,
I have already 2 chromebox one with OpenElec and one with Windows10.

I am looking for another windows PC to use for office tasks (web dev, photoshop, office, etc) and that i can use with OpenElec in the future for (4k h265) content.

I am interested in a Beebox N3150 not available yet but the Beebox Intel N3000 (Fanless Design) is available, is there a big difference between the two ?

Is it confirmed that N3150 doesn't have hardware support for 1080p HEVC 10-bit (Linux and Windows) ?

Thanks
The N3150 is quad core while the N3000 is dual core so the difference should be significant, mostly in multi threaded operations. Given the small price difference between the two I definitely recommend the N3150.

Yep, it's confirmed. Currently none of the Intel processors are able to hardware decode HEVC 10-bit, that's only expected to change with next year's line up.
Thanks oWarchild.

I think perhaps it's better to buy the Nvidia Shield TV for Kodi, and use my Chromebox as desktop.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASRock Beebox (Braswell)3